function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AxxxVAxxxV 

Builds Automation for Apex Code

I am just wondering if anyone has developed or come across as framework that would extend the unit test automation  that is built into the force.com platform to add capabilities of a Continuous Integrated Testing framework to allow scheduled automated builds and produce some kind of dashboard with statistics. I am thinking something similar to what frameworks like CruiseControl can do.

So, an example scenario would be n ISV, or a System integrator that needs to develop and maintain many force.com applications. In order to promote proper usage and discipline among development teams and encourage Test-Driven Development practices - it would be good to have a tools that would run scheduled builds across multiple dev orgs or sandboxes and provide an overall statistics on test coverage, test failures etc.

I am sure this should not be very hard to build since force.com does expose the API to execute the test methods (which is used for the Ecplise IDE plug-in to display test results). The limitation of the current IDE capabilities is that  you need to execute unit tests manually for each project.  

Message Edited by AxxxV on 03-11-2009 11:07 AM
Message Edited by AxxxV on 04-08-2009 12:10 PM
AxxxVAxxxV
Since I have not received any responses here, will try my luck on the Idea Exchange
Message Edited by AxxxV on 04-08-2009 12:03 PM
SFDCRRSFDCRR
Any luck till now ...
SuperfellSuperfell
Have you looked at the ant based tools? they should be easy to integrate with CruiseControl.