function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
eduardofernandeseduardofernandes 

Event on Save?

Good evening everyone.

I have the following questions. I hope it's doable.

I have my rule in a business object called FAP, which should be "compulsorily" every time I have created an opportunity - and gets closed.

I wonder if you can create an event, not to speak, to save the opportunity he would open the page to create the FAP.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks to all who respond.

Starz26Starz26

You could write a trigger that when the Opp get set to closed a new page reference to the FAP is returned. Not sure if you can get it directly into edit mode but I believe you can.

OR

You could make them create the FAP BEFORE closing the opp. So you vould have a validation that an FAP exists before they are allowed to change the status to closed. A bit backwards but it ensure they create it before closing the opp.

eduardofernandeseduardofernandes

Thanks for the answer.

I am new to Salesforce and I know absolutely nothing about triggers.

Could you give me an example, in a generic way, preferably by explaining what happens in each row, so you can shape my needs?

Actually I'm not sure where I want to do a trigger.

If you feel better, you could send me a link with content, which can remove my doubts.

The second case that you proposed, I could not understand how I would check the existence ofan object FAP, before saving the OP.

Waiting for a new answer.

Thank you for your help. Even.

Syed.YasirSyed.Yasir

Answering the second part of question..

in your trigger code you can query child object (FAP)

Select Id from FAP where OpporutnityID = <your current opp ID>

if query returns 0 then its mean there is no FAP record for this given opportunity.

Second option is get it all done through Configuration. You can create a rollup summary field on opportunity which will COUNT All Child Record (FAP). if this value is 0 then your validation rule will know that there is no FAP record with this opportunity.