function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aaustinaaustin 

Trying to report difference between cumulative goal and cumulative actual for custom report

Hi,

We receive signed agreement documents from our customers.  We have a quota of 10 documents received per week.  We track the date of receipt of each document. I can generate a report to show the cumulative documents received by week.  I'm not sure how to generate a chart that shows, on a weekly basis, the difference between the cumulative documents received and the cumulative goal.   Do I need to use custom summary formulas for this?  

Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks.

Message Edited by aaustin on 02-02-2009 09:24 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist
Yes, on your report you should create a Custom Summary Field that says take 10 - Total Documents Received and you can call it Actual to Quota that should give you what you want to track then chart based on your Actual to Quota field.

All Answers

Yes, on your report you should create a Custom Summary Field that says take 10 - Total Documents Received and you can call it Actual to Quota that should give you what you want to track then chart based on your Actual to Quota field.
This was selected as the best answer
aaustinaaustin
Thanks!
Actually you will want to create the fields on your object and do an analytic snapshot if you want to see trends week to week, if you are only looking for each week then the other option will work :)
aaustinaaustin
The cumulative charting option works for what I need to see.