function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SvenBeSvenBe 

Only one possible choice from many in a picklist

We operate with 5 currencies. These are available in a picklist for each account - Account Currency (CurrencyIsoCode), as well as when creating opportunities.

We would like to use the same Account Currency on all accounts (and not allow anything else than Euro). For the opportunities, we still want to keep the possibility to chose from the picklist and to keep them in local currencies.

The reason for this is that today, people mess up when creating accounts. They might choose GBP, and still enter Account Revenue in EUR - hence we can not classify our prospects from their revenue. We simply cannot trust the figures.

I´ve tried with ISPICKVAL(picklist_field, text_literal)   but this only allows me to return an errormessage on one false value. We need to omit 4 from the list.

Any idea ?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
NPMNPM

If I understand correctly you want a validation rule to allow only EUR as the selected value in the Account Currency picklist.  A validation triggers when the formula is true so would this work for you?

NOT( ISPICKVAL(Account Currency field name, "EUR") )

All Answers

NPMNPM

If I understand correctly you want a validation rule to allow only EUR as the selected value in the Account Currency picklist.  A validation triggers when the formula is true so would this work for you?

NOT( ISPICKVAL(Account Currency field name, "EUR") )

This was selected as the best answer
SvenBeSvenBe

Great - that solved the problem. Thanks alot for your contribution. I´ve spent many hours thinking about how to solve this..  Thanks :-)  !!!