function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
plackowplackow 

Help please - new user - Products and opportunity

I know there is lots you can do in SFDC with which I am bewildered and dont know where to start, however I really need to do this.

I want to be able to put in a buy price and list price for a product. When I then create an opportunity, I want to be able to see both of these prices, and change either price if I want by line item and then for the overall amount to update.

We sell software. I want to be able to generate a forecast/report (based on our buy price) for our software vendors.

Can anyone assist with any or both parts.

PS, I am not overly technical, so simple language would be great.

Thanks

Anton

Message Edited by plackow on 03-27-2009 05:39 AM
fifedogfifedog

First question what version do you have?  If you're on Professional version you don't have access to this, at least not on the current subscribtion you may have to pay for it.  If your on Enterprise then you have access to it.

From there you will have a Tab called Products.  That's where you would load your products, NOT price.

From the same tab hidden on the very bottom right there are a link, manage price books. See screen shot

After you create a price book you then can associate products to that price book. That's where the price is stored, you List Price.

From that point on your opportunities you'll have a related list called Products. See Screen shot.   As you can see it will bring over that List price.  You have the option to put in your own Sales Price, the price for this one opportunity.

Hope that helps.  Let me know if you have more questions