function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
etoeto 

Can't debug SOAP requests with force.com IDE: how to see SOAP request which is generated?

As far as I understand, I have to use "execute anonymous" from the Force.com IDE and set the Log category to "Callout".

However,the result then is identical to what I would get when setting the Log category to "Apex Code". Actually I can't see any difference between the different categories. Independently from what I set, I get the same output. Actually, I'm quiote sure this is not the expected behaviour, so either I'm doing something wrong or there is a problem with my Eclipse.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong here?

Message Edited by eto on 04-21-2009 08:38 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
etoeto

After some more intensive searches here in the forum I found a single hint, that it is only possible to receive callout logs only in developer orgs, not in sandbox environment.

I transfered my logic to a developer org and now I get the callout log.

This is an annoying limitation of developing in the sandbox environment and even if there are reasons for this behaviour at least this bug feature should be documented at a place one would expect it to be documented.

Actually I would expect this to work in all environments.

All Answers

etoeto

After some more intensive searches here in the forum I found a single hint, that it is only possible to receive callout logs only in developer orgs, not in sandbox environment.

I transfered my logic to a developer org and now I get the callout log.

This is an annoying limitation of developing in the sandbox environment and even if there are reasons for this behaviour at least this bug feature should be documented at a place one would expect it to be documented.

Actually I would expect this to work in all environments.

This was selected as the best answer
e r i c.ax249e r i c.ax249
AMEN to everything you said.  Whatta hassle. 
e r i c.ax249e r i c.ax249

Salesforce.com has recommended that I submit this to their ideas exchange.  Let's promote this: 

http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10098116

Jerun JoseJerun Jose

More than a year, but its still not fixed.

P.S. The new link for the idea is https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?id=08730000000BrneAAC