function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
swapna9swapna9 

Not able to see custom fields or lookup fields in lookup filters criteria

Hi,

Under Opportunities Service_Request Object is there.In Service_Request__c object Contact_name__c Is lookup to contacts.
Here i want to filter contact name by account name.In Service_Request__C ,I pulled the account name using formula field and also i updated account name using work flow.

Formula field and related to work flow field is not appearing in filter criteria.

Can any one guide me how can i filter contact name by Account name...

Thanks in Advance,
Swapn

AnnuAnnu

Hi,

As per my understanding you have a object called Service_Request__c, in that you have a formula field where you are copying the Account Name. Now you have a Contact_Name__c lookup field where you want to get the Contacts related to the Account name copied in the formula field.

If this understanding is correct then Edit Contact_Name__c then Click on Filter Settings then you can put a lookup filter in Contact_Name__c with the  following condition:

Contact: Account: Account Name equals Field Service_Request__c:Name1( Name1 is a dummy field created by me which is your formula field with  Account Name in it).

This will give you all the contacts related to the Account Name in your formula field.

Let me know if it answers your question.

Thank you

Annu.

swapna9swapna9

Thanks for your reply,

But i am unable to see formula field which created by me in lookup filtter condition window.

Abhay AroraAbhay Arora

Hi Swapna,

Lookup filters can not refer formula fields of source object

https://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/fields_lookup_filters_notes.htm

Thanks

Abhay

AnnuAnnu

Then you need to get account Name in a Text field or put a lookup on Account and have lookup filter on Contact_Name__c. this should work then. let me know if any other solution is ther.

Thank you

Annu.