function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
B2AB2A 

Installed Eclipse (Ganymede) but cannot install Force IDE

Hi, I have successfully installed eclipse but cannot install force ide.  When I start the installation process it seems to work fine then a box appears listing the following errors:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.common/osgi.bundle/2.4.0.v200808251517
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.ecore/osgi.bundle/2.4.1.v200808251517
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change/osgi.bundle/2.4.0.v200808251517
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.edit/osgi.bundle/2.4.1.v200808251517
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi/osgi.bundle/2.4.1.v200808251517
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.emf.edit/osgi.bundle/2.4.1.v200808251517
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.common.emf/osgi.bundle/1.1.202.v200809111955
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.common.emfworkbench.integration/osgi.bundle/1.1.201.v200808071700
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks/osgi.bundle/1.1.200.v200805140020
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.common.modulecore/osgi.bundle/1.1.203.v200809110700
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core/osgi.bundle/1.3.3.v200809102124
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.common.ui/osgi.bundle/1.1.301.v200805140415
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.html.core/osgi.bundle/1.1.202.v200808281704
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.html.ui/osgi.bundle/1.0.301.v200809120137
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.sse.core/osgi.bundle/1.1.302.v200808260045
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui/osgi.bundle/1.1.2.v200809120159
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.validation/osgi.bundle/1.2.2.v200809050219
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.xml.core/osgi.bundle/1.1.305.v200809120354
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui/osgi.bundle/1.0.410.v200809120143

I've tried the workaround solution (i think) but adding a url but not sure if I have done this properly.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Aiyaz

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
B2AB2A

The resolution for this problem was actually by doing the following (and it worked for 3 separate computers including my home computer).

- I went into Eclipse

- then went into Help > Software Updates...

- went to the Available Software tab and checked off all the Force.com IDE Update Site boxes and clicked the "Refresh" button on the left hand side.

- Then I ran the install again and it worked perfectly.

- To prove it wasn't fluke I did this on two other computers that were giving the exact same error.

- This was the accepted solution for me!

- I was actually on a gotomeeting with SF's Developer support when we tried this out and it worked!  Great job do Dev Support for helping me out!

All Answers

sunil316sunil316

Hello,

Add url onc again,

On Eclipse: Go to Help Tab   -->   Click on Software Updates   --> Window will open...Go to Available Software Tab 

--> click on Add Site    --> add this URL   -->   http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/

--> Click on Intall  -->  It takes some time 

--> Note: Internet should be on...when you perform all these procedures.

-Sunil

sales4cesales4ce

Hi,

check if you have any proxy server settings.

Also make sure, your eclipse is version 3.4, salesforce is yet to release a plug-in that supports eclipse version 3.5.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Sales4ce

B2AB2A

Hi, I've tried adding the url, but that is the exact same URL i've tried before and I still get the same errors when trying to install.

It may be a proxy server setting.  Any ideas on how to verify this?

and I do have eclipse 3.4!

sales4cesales4ce

Hi,

To check for Proxy Server settings in eclipse,

Goto window-->Preferences-->General-->Network Connections.

I am suspecting you have proxy settings enabled. To check that, you could do it from your Browser by going to Tools section in it.

Ex: If using IE, Tools-->Internet Options-->Connections-->LAN settings.

I hope this helps you!

Thanks,

Sales4ce

JonPJonP

B2A,

In Eclipse's install manager, expand the "Ganymede Update Site", open "Web and JEE Development" and select the "Web Developer Tools" plugin.  If you install this plugin along with the Force.com IDE, the dependencies should be met.

Eclipse's "P2" installer was new in Eclipse 3.4 and it's not always as smart/stable as it could be.

If this resolved your issue, please mark this response as an "Accepted Solution" so others can find it.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager 

B2AB2A

The resolution for this problem was actually by doing the following (and it worked for 3 separate computers including my home computer).

- I went into Eclipse

- then went into Help > Software Updates...

- went to the Available Software tab and checked off all the Force.com IDE Update Site boxes and clicked the "Refresh" button on the left hand side.

- Then I ran the install again and it worked perfectly.

- To prove it wasn't fluke I did this on two other computers that were giving the exact same error.

- This was the accepted solution for me!

- I was actually on a gotomeeting with SF's Developer support when we tried this out and it worked!  Great job do Dev Support for helping me out!

This was selected as the best answer
B2AB2A
sales4ce

I just realized you replied on the thread above.  Thanks.. I went through those steps and also asked my IT department at work and there was no proxy settings interfering but it was definately something I had to consider when troubleshooting!