function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SeanziesSeanzies 

Custom Matrix Report totals by month

I am looking to create the following matrix report but need help creating a summary column totaling activities by month by rep

For example:

Rep                              Month                                Grand Total

January      February     March   April

RepA             5                10           12         13           40

RepB             1                 4             2             5          12

RepC              2                0            5             9           16

Grand total     8                14            19         27          68

Sorry for the hokey mockup

How can i create a summary column totaling completed activities by rep by month?

Basically what i am trying to show is a trend of how reps activites have increased (hopefully) month by month.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rpr2rpr2

If you already have a version of your matrix report saved, click on Customize and then jump to the Select Grouping step. This will get you to screen 2/7. For Row Headings, choose Assigned. For the Column Headings, choose Date and then in the Group Dates By  drop-down select Calendar Month.  When done with this, click on Run Report from the Select Grouping step and you should have what you are looking for.

Rhonda

All Answers

rpr2rpr2

The Grand Total column should be created automagically when you use a matrix report.  Have you already created a matrix report and it is not showing, or do you need some help getting the matrix report itself created?

SeanziesSeanzies

I have some what the matrix report created but I need help creating the summary columns that show total activites by rep by month.  I am looking to have a column for each month showing a count of each reps activities for that month.

That is where i need the help.

rpr2rpr2

If you already have a version of your matrix report saved, click on Customize and then jump to the Select Grouping step. This will get you to screen 2/7. For Row Headings, choose Assigned. For the Column Headings, choose Date and then in the Group Dates By  drop-down select Calendar Month.  When done with this, click on Run Report from the Select Grouping step and you should have what you are looking for.

Rhonda

This was selected as the best answer