function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rohitmaratherohitmarathe 

Querying Fields in Mini Page layout via apex

Hi,

Is there any way be which I can query the fields and their order in Mini Page layout for given SalesForce object (Ex Account, Contact etc).

I can use Apex class and Flex for this. I want minipage layout fields with their order in my Adobe Flex application.

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

The information about  a field presence in Pagelayout or Mini PageLayout can be extracted by the use of MetaData API exposed by Salesforce. The best place to use it is in a third party program based on PHP , ASP.net or C#

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

rohitmaratherohitmarathe

Hi Ipsita,

Thanks for the reply. As you said I am going through the latest  MetaData API guide. As soon as I find the solution I will mark this as a solved and also write more description about how to do that. Thanks again for your quick and valuable feedback.

rohitmaratherohitmarathe

Hi Ipsita,

As you suggested I went through the ebook for meta data development. But I am not able to find how exactly I can get the mini page layout for a particular object. There is a method called describeLayout which is a part o normal web service api, but it only gives information for detailed page layout, edit layout and related lists.

Furter I want the infortion of of Mini Page layout fields in my code, not as a text file on my hard disk, because I want to display the values of the fields which are part of mini page layout only.