function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lodoss1118lodoss1118 

mimic case milestones custom object

Hi I am trying to mimic how case milestones work with a custom object what i am trying to achieve is calculating the elapsed and remaining times.

When a new record is inserted it will calculate which business hour this record should be in. Now what i need to do is calculated the time in this business timezone.

For example record a is inserted and has new york time zone business hours i want to calculate the start time, end time in that timezone now what i also what is a real time count down of elapsed hours and remaining hours etc in that time zone. I also need to pause the time based on a status field.

So my question is this possible in a formula field? Any suggestions how to achieve this and salesfoce calculates when the time was paused?

karthiksaivkarthiksaiv

Yes we can do it, but we need extra fields for capturing the 'paused' datetime and 'reverted' datetime.  we can hide these fields so it will not disturb user interface. whenever Pause was made, save that date time and reverted date time, pause time can be caluculated with this information. When you know the pause time, we can calculate real time count down.

Thanks, Karthiksai V.

enforcer118enforcer118

Can you explain how the reverted time would be used in calculation. For example the record would have the following date time fields;

start date,  closed date, target date, paused date

How would i calculate the correct time with these fields?