function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
smart guy 2smart guy 2 

How to find ListView Owner in Metadata API

I need to find out listview for a specific user. How can I do that using Metadata API?

Any help?

Thanks.

Anand@SAASAnand@SAAS

Private List views (i.e. List views with the Visible only to me / Restrict Visibility option) are not available via the Meta data API.  Refer to http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_listview.htm

smart guy 2smart guy 2

Thank you Anand for quick reply.

Is there a way to find out views for a specific user if I have owner ID?

I am logging in as Modify All data access and based on email ID, I am finding user ID. I would like that user to pickup one of his views so that I can download that data for him\her and use it in further processing.

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

I'm not sure I understand your exact use case and so this might be off tangent, but here goes anyway. There is a way in VisualForce to determine all list views (public and private) that a particular user has access to for a particular SObject (Opportunity, Account, some custom object etc).

The getListViewOptions() method on the StandardSetController class returns such a list. You can also peruse the Visualforce developer guide for more details about the method.

smart guy 2smart guy 2

This is exactly what I am looking for. BUT I am not using Visual Force. Is there a way to accomplish this with AXIS API?