function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jdk4702jdk4702 

Batch Apex Error: Unable to write to any of the ACS stores in the alloted time.

I have a managed package that runs batch apex every night for those that install it.  I pushed a fix to those orgs the other evening via push upgrades.  Now 2 customers who didn't have any problems before threw exceptions.

It sounds like the Apex Scheduler might be having issues - is that the likely issue or is it possible there's something funky with my code?

Upon further review, there was another error just prior to this one:

Developer script exception from Oceaneering International, Inc. : 'chttrunfollow.UnfollowQueueDelayRecordsBatch' : Unable to write to any of the cursor stores in the alloted time

Error message:

Developer script exception from Oceaneering International, Inc. : 'chttrunfollow.UnfollowQueueDelayRecordsBatch' : Unable to write to any of the ACS stores in the alloted time.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JA-DevJA-Dev

I saw that same error on the night of 2/11/2011 and I think it had to do with the maintenance upgrade that happened that night. That particular instance was scheduled for the upgrade and I only saw that error on that night. Also, a similar job ran fine on that night at a different instance that was not scheduled for maintenance.

We did receive notifications from Salesforce though regarding to this upgrade (instances impacted, date/time of upgrade, etc). 

All Answers

JA-DevJA-Dev

I saw that same error on the night of 2/11/2011 and I think it had to do with the maintenance upgrade that happened that night. That particular instance was scheduled for the upgrade and I only saw that error on that night. Also, a similar job ran fine on that night at a different instance that was not scheduled for maintenance.

We did receive notifications from Salesforce though regarding to this upgrade (instances impacted, date/time of upgrade, etc). 

This was selected as the best answer
jdk4702jdk4702

Thanks JA - hopefully it's a temporary error during release hours.