function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
manumolumanumolu 

Inbound -- Outbound email messages in Sales force : ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Hi,

I am  presently working with the inbound outbound email feature available in sales force.
   My scenario looks like this I have a workflow which gets triggered when a "campaign member" associated with "campaign" has "status" changed to "sent". So the workflow generates an action (an email alert) is send to the campaign member's email id.. For the email alert I have created my own template with a calender invite in the form of .ics file attachment.
Till here everything is working fine i.e. the supposed alert is sent to respective campaign member's email id.
I have created a email service and associated it to email id (generated by salesforce) for receiving any response to the calender invite but I am not receiving any response to this particular email address in email service as the associated email handler class is not getting invoked.I am able to say this on the basis that I cannot see the incoming mails in the  email log files which is obtained after using the "monitoring" option in the administration setup of salesforce.

Please could you provide me some help on this? Basically I want to know whether the incoming mails to email id (salesforce generated) in the email service, can be logged-in in the email logs?

I am attaching my email template for reference:

<messaging:emailTemplate relatedToType="CampaignMember"

replyTo="jaya@gmail.com"

subject=""

>

<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

Dear {},

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>

<messaging:attachment filename="meeting.ics" >

BEGIN:VCALENDAR

METHOD:REQUEST

PRODID:Microsoft CDO for Microsoft Exchange

VERSION:2.0

BEGIN:VTIMEZONE

TZID:GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)

BEGIN:STANDARD

DTSTART:<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

<apex:param value="" /> 

</apex:outputText>

TZOFFSETFROM:-0400

TZOFFSETTO:-0500

END:STANDARD

BEGIN:DAYLIGHT

DTSTART:16010301T020000

TZOFFSETFROM:-0500

TZOFFSETTO:-0400

END:DAYLIGHT

END:VTIMEZONE

BEGIN:VEVENT

DTSTAMP:20101217T140608

DTSTART;TZID="GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)":<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

SUMMARY:Test Message

UID:040000008200E00074C5B7101A82E00800000000C07DCFA4C99DCB01000000000000000

010000000584FE1BDDE8FF248BAB19BA4477C5AE2

ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;RSVP=TRUE;CN=  "name":MAILTO:mailto:eds@gmail.com

ORGANIZER;CN="CIO":MAILTO:inboundemaildemo@q-42mjlnch6w5taj0qh6d4hjnlj.in.salesforce.com

DTEND;TZID="GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)":<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

DESCRIPTION:

SEQUENCE:0

PRIORITY:5

CLASS:

CREATED:20101217T140326

LAST-MODIFIED:20101217T140340

TRANSP:OPAQUE

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INSTTYPE:1

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INTENDEDSTATUS:BUSY

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:FALSE

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-IMPORTANCE:1

TZID:GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)

BEGIN:STANDARD

DTSTART:<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

TZOFFSETFROM:-0400

TZOFFSETTO:-0500

END:STANDARD

BEGIN:DAYLIGHT

DTSTART:16010301T020000

TZOFFSETFROM:-0500

TZOFFSETTO:-0400

END:DAYLIGHT

END:VTIMEZONE

BEGIN:VEVENT

DTSTAMP:20101217T140608

DTSTART;TZID="GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)":<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

SUMMARY:Test Message

UID:040000008200E00074C5B7101A82E00800000000C07DCFA4C99DCB01000000000000000

010000000584FE1BDDE8FF248BAB19BA4477C5AE2

ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;RSVP=TRUE;CN=  "name":MAILTO:mailto:eds@gmail.com

ORGANIZER;CN="CIO":MAILTO:inboundemaildemo@q-42mjlnch6w5taj0qh6d4hjnlj.in.salesforce.com

DTEND;TZID="GMT -0500 (Standard) / GMT -0400 (Daylight)":<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss}">

DESCRIPTION:

SEQUENCE:0

PRIORITY:5

CLASS:

CREATED:20101217T140326

LAST-MODIFIED:20101217T140340

TRANSP:OPAQUE

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INSTTYPE:1

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INTENDEDSTATUS:BUSY

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:FALSE

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-IMPORTANCE:1

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-OWNERAPPTID:-61749286
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-APPT-SEQUENCE:0
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ATTENDEE-CRITICAL-CHANGE:20101217T140608
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-OWNER-CRITICAL-CHANGE:20101217T140608
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY
DESCRIPTION:REMINDER
TRIGGER;RELATED=START:-PT00H15M00S
END:VALARM
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
</messaging:attachment>

</messaging:emailTemplate>

and my email handler class is as follows :

global class EventInboundController implements Messaging.InboundEmailHandler {
      global Messaging.InboundEmailResult handleInboundEmail(Messaging.InboundEmail email, Messaging.InboundEnvelope envelope) {
          Messaging.InboundEmailResult result = new Messaging.InboundEmailresult();
            String myPlainText= '';
   String mySubjectText= '';
   myPlainText = email.plainTextBody;
   mySubjectText= email.subject;

List<String> temp = mySubjectText.split(':');
    String response = temp[0];

system.debug(response);

result.success = true;
   return result;      }
  }

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

I think you're confused with the way Inbound Email services work in Salesforce. Inbound Email services are completely independent (and most often have nothing to do) with any outbound email that you send via Salesforce (whether using a VF Email Template or not). Inbound Email services are designed to develop custom business logic around emails that get sent by your customers/users/partners to your business. These inbound emails need not be sent in response to an outbound email from Salesforce - in fact they almost never are. 

If you want to link the two, you'll need to set the 'reply-To' in your VF Email template to the Salesforce generated email address for your Inbound Email service. That way, any reply sent in response to your outgoing email will be routed to the SFDC generated email address and should trigger your Apex logic. Hope this helps.

Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke

the email logs do not show inbound emails, so even if you did get inbound emails, they would not be shown in the email logs.

cnrickercnricker

Is there a way to see that email traffic in some sort of a log file? Even if it's not the standard email logs? 

G J.ax1095G J.ax1095

Well here is my question. I have a workflow that sends an email to the email address of my inbound email service so that I can log in a custom object the information.  This is because email messages sent via WF do not get logged in the activity history and I need to keep track of emails that were sent.  However monitonig shows that the email get set but the inbound service is not picking up the email, however if send from my email client the email is received. I have authorized salesforce.com and my orgs domain to send email to the inbound email service.  Is there a block which restricts this type of action?