function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GauravKumarGauravKumar 

Not able to Add CampaignMembers to Campaign :(

Campaign[] c = [Select ID From Campaign Where Name = 'Customer Communication'];
		if (c.size() > 0) {
			CampaignMember[] toAdd 	= 	new CampaignMember[] {};
			CampaignMember[] toDel 	= 	[Select ID From CampaignMember Where CampaignId =: c[0].Id];

for (Contact co : [Select ID From Contact
							   Where  AccountId IN (Select Account__c From Subscription_Contracts__c Where Status__c = 'Current')
							   And Email != null])
			{
				CampaignMember cm 	= 	new CampaignMember();
				cm.CampaignId 		= 	c[0].Id;
				cm.ContactId 		= 	co.Id;

toAdd.add(cm);
				system.debug('\n@@toAdd : '+cm);
			}
			if ( !toDel.isEmpty() )
				delete toDel;
			if ( !toAdd.isEmpty() )
				insert toAdd;
		}

Above is my code to Clean the Campaign and then Add the CampaignMembers to it again. but it is causing following Exception on "insert toAdd" line:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 100; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, This entity is already a member of this campaign: [] clsUpdateMarketingCampaigns.cls
I don't see how can there be a duplicate entity, can anyone please help me point out erroreneous code which I might be doing wrong here? plz.

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

I don't see the point of your code, but you seem to be selecting CampaignMembers just for one campaign for deletion, whereas you're attempting to add them for all Campaigns selected

Id[] campaignIds = new Id[]{};
for(Campaign c : [Select ID From Campaign Where Name = 'Customer Communication'])
campaignIds.add(c.Id);
 if (campaignIds.size() > 0) {
 CampaignMember[] toAdd  =  new CampaignMember[] {};
 CampaignMember[] toDel  =  [Select ID From CampaignMember Where CampaignId IN campaignIds];

Alex_ConfigeroAlex_Configero

Your query:

Select ID From Contact
							   Where  AccountId IN (Select Account__c From Subscription_Contracts__c Where Status__c = 'Current')
							   And Email != null

Is probably returning the same account multiple times. Therefore you insert has duplicate contacts.

A quick fix is to add the contact ID to a set to make sure they are unique, but I would consider reengineering your code a bit.

GauravKumarGauravKumar

No that didn't worked either.

The business purpose of my code is to Refresh CampaignMembers in a Particular Campaign. So I first fetch all Existing Members of the Campaign, and then Delete those members. Then I fetch all Contacts from my system based on a query, such that I need to fetch all Contacts whose Accounts exist in another system, for that I don't see any flaw in my query:

for (Contact co : [Select ID From Contact
		   And Email != null])
{
    //fetched Contacts are added to the Campaign
}

In this query, it will return all Unique Contacts, I don't see how there could be a duplicate ID of a contact returned from a single Query, UNLESS, salesforce verified Duplicates based on ACCOUNTID ??? .. Is this the problem? Can 2 Contacts with Same AccountID be added to a Campain OR NOT?