function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LakshmanLakshman 

I want to write trigger/workaround to update a field whenever a new Solution is attached to a case.

Hello All,

I need help to update a Custom field whenever I insert a Solution into Case. I did a lot of R&D and found that the CaseSolution object has association between Case and Solution and also it not possible write an Apex triggers on CaseSolution object, is there any other workaround to achieve this?

I am stuck in this issue and unable to get the solution from last 4 days. Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Please anyone help me regarding this.

Thank you!

Regards,

Lakshman

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

It seems that you can't write a trigger and workflow for case solution object. Whenever solution is attached to case, case solution object always gives the records of case and solution id through Eclipse IDE. Can you tell me in which object

you want to update the field when solution is attached to case? You can write the trigger only for case and case comment.

All Answers

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

It seems that you can't write a trigger and workflow for case solution object. Whenever solution is attached to case, case solution object always gives the records of case and solution id through Eclipse IDE. Can you tell me in which object

you want to update the field when solution is attached to case? You can write the trigger only for case and case comment.

This was selected as the best answer
LakshmanLakshman

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your comment.

Actually I want to copy the CaseId and Solution Id which is attached to Case at the time when a Solution is attached to a Case. Can this be achieved by writing a trigger on Case? and then copying the CaseId and Solution Id into my Custom Object.

Any Help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Lakshman.

LakshmanLakshman

Hi Pradeep,

Did you got any solution for this?

Ricky MartinRicky Martin
Hi Pradeep & Lakshman,

Let me know if you got the solution.