function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
naresh johnnaresh john 

Visualforce page wizard without page refresh

I created a visualforce page wizard with 3 visualforce pages.That means user first fills the first visualforce page and after that he clicks on next then he fills next visualforce page after that he clicks on next then he fills third visualforce page now he saves the form.

My problem is, when user fills the first visualforce page and when he clicks on next, then the whole page is reloading. I want to reload only page part.

Can any one please help me in doing this.

Thanks,

Naresh

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
hisrinuhisrinu

I believe when you are changing the page or navigating from one page to another page you can't do a partial update.

In this case what you can do is create different page blocks and then render it as per your requirement.

Render and Rerender are the main attributes which are helpful for you to show/hide the blocks.

All Answers

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

Use the rerender attribute for a partial refresh

eg (where hiddenBlock is the id of the component you want to re-render)

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Extended_Functionality_of_Visualforce_-_Part_2

<apex:commandButton value="Process Nickname" action="{!processButtonClick}" rerender="hiddenBlock">
hisrinuhisrinu

I believe when you are changing the page or navigating from one page to another page you can't do a partial update.

In this case what you can do is create different page blocks and then render it as per your requirement.

Render and Rerender are the main attributes which are helpful for you to show/hide the blocks.

This was selected as the best answer
naresh johnnaresh john

Thanks for great suggestion. It worked.