function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFineSFine 

Record Type Save_New_Url

Hello everyone

I'm trying to make a button that creates a record of a object return the user to a specific page after they've saved and created the record.

Normally this is relatively simple, but when dealing with recordtype selection first, I'm having some trouble getting it to functionl correctly. Particularly, when I put the save_new_Url value in, instead of going directly to the create record page, it goes to the url I specified. Is there a way to set the parameter for save Url on the create record page?

the url I'm using is like so:

/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=01I30000001kSPj&retURL=%2F'+O.Id+'&save_new_url=/apex/DemoRequestProductBulkAdd%3FCF00N30000007JPKN%3D'+O.Name+'%26CF00N30000007JPKN_lkid%3D'+O.Id+'%26CF00N30000007JPK9%3D'+O.Account.name+'%26CF00N30000007JPK9_lkid%3D'+O.AccountId+'%26retURL%3D%252F'+O.Id

Thanks in advanced.

Maimoona S.Maimoona S.
Hi ,

I know its too late for SFine but could help others searching for answer :)

I have to redirect for new task that need record type selection so I did this

return new pagereference(URL.getSalesforceBaseUrl().toExternalForm()+'/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Task&retURL='+RecordId+'&save_new_url=/00T/e?what_id='+AccountId+'&retURL='+RecordId);

save_new_url : is used after recordType selection so you need to pass the values that you want to autofill in task layout... 

Best  Regards!
John GallinaghJohn Gallinagh
Did you folks solve this problem?  I'm trying to create a custom "Save & New Task" button and need similar functinality