function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hari G SHari G S 

Restricting Contact List

Hi,

When a quote is auto-populated from within an Opportunity record, can we limit the available contacts to only those within the connected Account. Currently we can pick any contact inside of SFDC.

Thanks and Regards

Hari G S

VJSFDCVJSFDC

hi Hari,

Is the Contact field a Look up relationship on the Opportunity object and Account field as well a Lookup relationship on Opportunity.

if this is the case then on the Contact Lookup add a lookup filter , click on the Insert Suggested Criteria and then you can select the Contact Id : account id matched opportunity :account id (something like that based on the name ur relationship is defined.)

This filter will help pick only those Contacts thats related to Account on that opportunity.

This may not work on old opportunity records before creating the filter on the Contact field.

Hope this helps.

Hari G SHari G S

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...

But i actually wanted to do this in Quote Object. A quote is added to an opportunity. There is a lookup Account field in opportunity and I have also added a lookup contact field in opportunity. The filtering can be done in this case. When we try to add a new Quote in an Opportunity the Account Name field for the new Quote object is already been filled with the Account Name on which the Opportunity is added. This filed doesnot have a magnifying glass even though this field is a lookup field(Customize->Quote->Fields). When I click on the magnifying glass of the Contact Name field in the Quote form it shows all the contacts available. I want to filter this. Is this possible to do?

Thanks and Regards

Hari G S

VJSFDCVJSFDC

hi Hari,

I dont think  so its possible to display(in the Popup applet of contact) Constrained Contact  on Quotes based on the Account Contacts seleted on Opportunity Record.

if this functinality is very necessary then we should first constain or display Contact on Oppty record related to the Account on opportunity. Then create a Formula Field in quotes which pulls the Opportunity Contact automatically when u create a New record Quotes record under Opportunity.

Hope this helps.