function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cswansoncswanson 

Customize existing apex class

We had an outside consultant create a customization for our company and part of the customization included a custom Apex class.

Line 17 of this customization is written as

for(OpportunityTeamMember ot:[select id,UserId,User.Name,Opportunity.OwnerId,Opportunity.Owner.Name from OpportunityTeamMember where OpportunityId=:lineItem.OpportunityId and User.Paid_on_Oppty_Sales_Credits__c=TRUE])

I need make an update that checks to see what the "Year" of the opporutnity close date is prior to running line 17 of this code.

I tried adding

IF(YEAR(Opporutnity.CloseDate) >= 2012) before line 17 but I get compile errors (because I know very little about APEX).

Error: Compile Error: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: YEAR(Schema.SObjectField)

What I would like to ulitmately do is add the following type of "if" statement to replace line 17 (the SOQL select statement is different depending on the outcome of the close date check).

IF(YEAR(Opporutnity.CloseDate) >= 2012)

for(OpportunityTeamMember ot:[select id,UserId,User.Name,Opportunity.OwnerId,Opportunity.Owner.Name from OpportunityTeamMember where OpportunityId=:lineItem.OpportunityId and User.Paid_on_Oppty_Sales_Credits__c=TRUE])

IF(YEAR(Opporutnity.CloseDate) < 2012)

for(OpportunityTeamMember ot:[select id,UserId,User.Name,Opportunity.OwnerId,Opportunity.Owner.Name from OpportunityTeamMember where OpportunityId=:lineItem.OpportunityId)

Can anybody recommend a solution to getting this added to our existing apex class.  Thank you in advance for any advice.

I've attached the relevant portion of the existing APEX class below.

public with sharing class ProductSalesCredits {
    public List<SalesCreditListItem> salesCredits {get; private set;}
    public OpportunityLineItem lineItem {get; private set;}
    public Opportunity currencyOpp {get; private set;}
    public List<SelectOption> userOptions {get; private set;}
    public Integer deleteIndex {get;set;}
    public Double revenueForecast {get; private set;}
    public Double bookingAmount {get; private set;}

public static final String TYPE_PRIMARY = 'Primary';
    public static final String TYPE_ADDITIONAL = 'Additional';

private List<Sales_Credit__c> creditsToDelete = new List<Sales_Credit__c>();

private ProductSalesCredits(OpportunityLineItem lineItem, List<Sales_Credit__c> credits) {
        this.userOptions = new List<SelectOption>();
            this.userOptions.add(new SelectOption(ot.UserId,ot.User.Name));          

Opportunity o=[select OwnerId,Owner.Name, CurrencyIsoCode from Opportunity where id=:lineItem.OpportunityId];
        currencyOpp = o;
        this.userOptions.add(new SelectOption(o.OwnerId,o.Owner.Name));
        this.lineItem = lineItem;
        this.salesCredits = new List<SalesCreditListItem>();
        for (Integer i=0;i<credits.size();i++) {
            this.salesCredits.add(new SalesCreditListItem(credits[i],i));
        }

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

Refer to this for Date methods

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_methods_system_date.htm

So for eg

IF(Opporutnity.CloseDate.year() >= 2012)

All Answers

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

Refer to this for Date methods

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_methods_system_date.htm

So for eg

IF(Opporutnity.CloseDate.year() >= 2012)

This was selected as the best answer
cswansoncswanson

Thanks for the tip, it got me pointed in the right direction and I have everything working now.

Thanks!