function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bohemianguy100bohemianguy100 

Integrations using webservice

I'm not very well versed with webservices and I had a question about integrating (pulling data from an external system and pushing into Salesforce).

There is an external .NET application that retrieves data from an Accounting system real time.  My question is if it is possible to create a Salesforce webservice that the external .NET application can call whenever it gets new data from the accounting system and then push that data into Salesforce.

I know there are tools like Informatica, DBAmp that can do this type of thing as well.  The requirements are looking for a different route to handle this process.

Is there a way to accomplish this?  What are the options?  Any Salesforce articles discussing how to do this?

Thanks for any help!

tes2tes2

You can create a custom web service using APEX code or use the standard API,  both can be consumed from you .NET code.  

KalyanLKalyanL

The easier option may be to use a REST API.  The learning curve is not that much when compared to SOAP based WS.  Also, it is not dependent on .NET or any technology.  You can even call from command line.

Thanks,
Kalyan

www.convnimbus.com

bohemianguy100bohemianguy100

Okay, so I create an APEX webservice method that will create an account for exaqple.  I can generate the wsdl from the class, pass this wsdl off to the .NET developer that will call this method and pass the apprpropriate parameters that will create the account in Salesforce.  My question is does the wsdl handle the connection to Salesforce?

Using the enterprise wsdl, you have to create a login to make the connection to Salesforce?  Does the same thing apply here?  If so, does the login method get added automatically when I generate the wsdl from my global webservice class?

Thanks.

Pal2011Pal2011

Were you able to get this implemented? I've to implement the same. Any help would be highly appreciated? Thanks!