function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alok29novalok29nov 

System.LimitException :Moving trigger from sandbox to production

Hi All,

I have written a bulkified trigger and a test class for the same with 100% test coverage in sandbox. When I try to move it to Production, I get this error.

TestBC_AverageAmountNew.ideaBatchTest()Class291Failure Message: "System.LimitException: Too many SOQL queries: 101", Failure Stack Trace: "Trigger.BookingQuota: line 29, column 1"

The above class "TestBC_AverageAmountNew" has been written for a batch class. I am unable to move trigger from sandbox to production.

How can I rectify the problem? Please help.

Thanks,

Alok

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
alok29novalok29nov

Thanks Vishal for your detailed reply. Now i resolved the issue. What i did is that I put all the code inside test.start() and test.stop(). I was inserting opportunities one by one in my test classes. What i have done now is that I have modified that and created a list of all opportunities and inserted the list so the insertion inside a test class  is only once now.

Something like this:

Test.start()

Opportunity Oppty1=new opportunity(...);

Opportunity Oppty2=new opportunity(...);

Opportunity Oppty3=new opportunity(...);

Let say list is prb.

prb.add(oppty1);

prb.add(oppty2);

prb.add(oppty3);

insert prb1;

Test.Stop();

This has resolved my issue and I am able to migrate now.

Thanks!

All Answers

Richie DRichie D

Hi Alok,

Have a check on production to see if you have any workflows, triggers etc... that are causing you to get into a loop? If you are running an 'after update' trigger then things can go round-and-round-and-round... Also, look at the quantity of data and see if there is a big difference between sandbox and production.

Difficult to give you a diagnosis without some code (or design) to consider.

Rich.

alok29novalok29nov

Hi Richie, 

Please check the code below:

trigger BookingQuota on Opportunity (before update, before insert)

{

Set<Id> OwnerIds = new Set<Id>();

for (Opportunity oppty : Trigger.new) 
     {
         OwnerIds.add(oppty.OwnerID);
     }

Set<String> usrNameSet = new Set<string>();

for(User usr : [Select Id,Name from User where Id In:OwnerIds])
     {

usrNameSet.add(usr.name);

}

List<Opportunity> oppty1=New List<Opportunity>();         

/**************************************** Creates the map of users who are in the set OwnerIDs ********************************************/

Map<Id,User> UserMap = new Map<Id,User>([Select id,Name from User where Id in:OwnerIds]);

/***************************************** Creates the map for the records of  Booking_Quota__c  which are in the set UserNameSer ********************************************/

Map<String,Booking_Quota__c> bookingQuota= New Map<String,Booking_Quota__c>([Select Sales_Person_Name_new__c,Type__c,Annual_Booking_Quota__c  from Booking_Quota__c where Sales_Person_Name_new__c In:usrNameSet]);

for(Opportunity Oppty:Trigger.New)

{   
         for(Booking_Quota__c bok : bookingQuota.Values())
         {

if(UserMap.get(oppty.ownerid).name == bok.Sales_Person_Name_new__c && oppty.type==bok.Type__c)
             {
                  oppty.Booking_Quota__c=bok.Annual_Booking_Quota__c;
             }
         }
      }  

Hope this helps to understand the problem.

Thanks,

Alok

Richie DRichie D

Hi Alok,

To me your trigger looks fine; perhaps it is your test that's the problem?

Try using a Test.StartTest() after you have setup your data to reset the limits. You could see if adding SeeAllData=true attribute to the testmethod gives a better result. 

Good luck!

Rich.

alok29novalok29nov

Hi Ritchie,

This is my test class.

@isTest(SeeAllData=True)
public With sharing  class Test_BookingQuota
{
    static testMethod void ideaBatchTest()
    {

Booking_Quota__c book1= new Booking_Quota__c( Annual_Booking_Quota__c =2500080, Sales_Person_Name_new__c='Joan Meyer',Type__c='Non-Recurring');
             insert book1;
             Booking_Quota__c book2= new Booking_Quota__c( Annual_Booking_Quota__c =2500000, Sales_Person_Name_new__c='Joan Meyer',Type__c='Recurring');
             insert book2;
             Opportunity Oppty123 = new opportunity(Name='Test1111',StageName='P - Proposal Delivered', amount=60000, type='Non-Recurring',CloseDate=date.newInstance(2012,05,10), OwnerId='00560000001AiiB');
             insert oppty123;

}
  }

Can you suggest any changes or how to incorporate Test.StartTest() method?

Thanks,

Alok

vishal@forcevishal@force

I faced a similar situation, and on checking with it I came to a point that there was no issue with the code, however the Production Org and it's data was huge, there were multiple triggers which were getting called in a way that insertion of A record would call B, trigger on B would create a record C and C will again call something else..

I won't say I handled it in an efficient way, but since I had no time to make changes in the whole Production code, I fixed it using the below method :

Before every query, I would check if it is running through a "Test method", if yes then I would check with the number of queries using Limits.getQueries and make sure it doesn't query if it is equal to 100.

something like this:

if(Test.isRunningTest() && Limits.getQueries() < 100)

{

List<Account> lstAccounts = [Select Id From Account Where Id IN : someSet];

}

else if(!Test.isRunningTest())

List<Account> lstAccounts = [Select Id From Account Where Id IN : someSet];

alok29novalok29nov

Thanks Vishal for your detailed reply. Now i resolved the issue. What i did is that I put all the code inside test.start() and test.stop(). I was inserting opportunities one by one in my test classes. What i have done now is that I have modified that and created a list of all opportunities and inserted the list so the insertion inside a test class  is only once now.

Something like this:

Test.start()

Opportunity Oppty1=new opportunity(...);

Opportunity Oppty2=new opportunity(...);

Opportunity Oppty3=new opportunity(...);

Let say list is prb.

prb.add(oppty1);

prb.add(oppty2);

prb.add(oppty3);

insert prb1;

Test.Stop();

This has resolved my issue and I am able to migrate now.

Thanks!

This was selected as the best answer
Abhishek RayAbhishek Ray

Hello,

Please help me in the similar issue.

I try to deploy a trigger and its test class in production but I have this error :

Failure Message: "System.LimitException: Too many SOQL queries: 101", Failure Stack Trace: "Trigger.CaseTeamTrigger: line 14, column 1"  ...

The code coverage of this trigger is 100%.

I think this is due to another test class for another trigger but the both (the 2 triggers and the 2 test classes) are on the same object (Case).

The other trigger is already deployed.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thank you.

Here is my code:

trigger CaseTeamTrigger on Case (after insert, after update) {

Map<Id, CaseTeamMember> membersToAdd = new Map<Id, CaseTeamMember>();

List<Case> cases = [Select Id,OwnerId,RecordTypeId,RecordType.Name

from Case where id IN :Trigger.newMap.keySet()];

for (Case c : cases)

{

if(c.RecordType.Name =='Legal' || c.RecordType.Name =='Security/Quality Request'){    

membersToAdd.put(c.Id, new CaseTeamMember(ParentId = c.Id, MemberId = UserInfo.getUserId()));     

}  

if (!membersToAdd.isEmpty()) {

try {

CaseTeamRole caseTeamRole = [SELECT Id FROM CaseTeamRole WHERE Name = 'Creator' LIMIT 100];

for (CaseTeamMember ctm : membersToAdd.values()) {

ctm.TeamRoleId = caseTeamRole.Id;

}

for (CaseTeamMember ctm : [SELECT Id, MemberId, ParentId

FROM CaseTeamMember

WHERE ParentId IN :membersToAdd.keySet()

AND MemberId = :UserInfo.getUserId()

ORDER BY ParentId])

{

if (membersToAdd.containsKey(ctm.ParentId)) {

membersToAdd.remove(ctm.ParentId);

}

}

if (!membersToAdd.isEmpty()) {

insert membersToAdd.values();

}

} catch (System.QueryException qe) {}

}