function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saariko.ax241saariko.ax241 

Should I create a new Package for every Trigger? Class?

Excuse me for the NOOB Q

I am using the X.IDE

My first project included an email processor, which works perfectly, and is deployed to the server.

Now that I want to create a new trigger (which has nothing to do with the emailProcessor) 

- Should I create a new project for that?

- Is there a rule of thumb to when to create a new project?  (to all triggers? all classes? all related objects?)

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AmitSahuAmitSahu
You can have same package even if that is nothing to do with your previous code .. If this way you will start creating packages there will be much more work on the production to maintain in a long run.

All Answers

AmitSahuAmitSahu

If you are deploying using packages in the Peoduction, then use the same package to add anything you want.

The package version will be different but you can use the same package name so that if there is any modification of code in your new codes (trigger/class) that will be updated in production.

There is no need to create a new package everytime you add something ...

saariko.ax241saariko.ax241

I understand the logic to add things that have relation to each other. but if I want to write a new trigger, on a custom object, that has NOTHING to do with the previous class/email processor - Should that trigger be also included in the same package?

or a new one?

AmitSahuAmitSahu
You can have same package even if that is nothing to do with your previous code .. If this way you will start creating packages there will be much more work on the production to maintain in a long run.
This was selected as the best answer