function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Grant_at_TractionGrant_at_Traction 

System.abortJob() not working in UninstallHandler script

I have a package which creates a scheduled job using a post-install script, and saves the id in a custom settings entry. I am trying to create the equivalent uninstall script, but not having much success. The class and associated tests all perform normally when I run them in the IDE. When I run them from the Web UI however, the abortJob call doesn't delete the job and my tests fail. If I comment out the tests and do an actual install and uninstall of the package, the scheduled job is not deleted.

Any idea why this would happen? I know that the documentation indicates that uninstall scripts cannot schedule new jobs, call @future methods, etc, but it doesn't mention anything about deleting existing jobs. The same code, when part of a controller for a settings page, worked fine. Maybe I am misintepreting when the uninstall script actually runs, meaning the only option is for an admin to delete the scheduled job manually, before trying to uninstall the package?

Code snippet:

if(settings != null) {

try {

system.debug('Removing scheduled job with id: ' + settings.scheduled_job_id__c);

System.abortJob(settings.scheduled_job_id__c);

} catch (Exception e) {

system.debug('Error removing scheduled job: ' + e.getMessage());

}

delete settings;

}

V100V100

Not sure if you have resolved this yourself but the issue is that the uninstall script runs after the package is uninstalled, not before.

Had a similar issue and resolved it by creating a button that called the abort code to allow the schedule to be deleted, rather than leave to sys admin to do.