function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hemant037hemant037 

Email Verification

Hi I have very critical issue anyone here to help me Pl..

How to check whether the email id  entered by user is containing Org's Domain or not ..?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
LVSLVS
that you'll have to hardcode or store it in some custom setting. You can access one in a formula thus: {!$Setup.CustomSettingName__c.CustomFieldName__c}

All Answers

Saikishore Reddy AengareddySaikishore Reddy Aengareddy

Use validation. Rules.. Try using regex function in your validation

hemant037hemant037

Thanks Sam_SFDC15 for Reply.

Yes defiantly I can use validation but how can I get org email id company  domain name so I can validate it with user entered email id.

If I want to find my org's domain name in apex coding than is it possible ?

LVSLVS

Not sure what you mean.

Your Salesforce org is owned by a company which owns an email domain like @abccompany.com . In a few cases you could have multiple domains. This you can directly mention in your validation rule. Why go to apex at all?

hemant037hemant037

Thanks LVS For reply...

so please if you have any sample validation rule to compare company domain name with user entered domain than plz post it..

suppose my org' s email with domain is hello@companydomain.com then i want to compare  'companydomain' with value which will be entered by user.

LVSLVS

You can enter the below in the validation rule edit box. Pick your own error message.

NOT(CONTAINS( Email ,'@companydomain.com'))

Remember, when the above condition is TRUE that's when the validation rule fails and displays the error message to the user.

Hope this helps. Please mark this as a solution if it helped you.

hemant037hemant037

LVS its clear to me. but my question is how to get '@companydomain.com'(Org's Domain Name)..?

Thanks..

LVSLVS
that you'll have to hardcode or store it in some custom setting. You can access one in a formula thus: {!$Setup.CustomSettingName__c.CustomFieldName__c}
This was selected as the best answer
Santosh SSantosh S

Using 'Mass Email Lead' option for sending Email to particular Lead

Need help to track the click on the link (inside the email) by the Email receiver (only the count of Click on the link to be tracked)

Please Help

Warm Regards

LVSLVS

Santhosh,

There's a simple solution. However, can you post this as a seperate thread please? Better helps other people. Thanks!

Santosh SSantosh S
Dear LVS, I have created a separate thread "to track the Click on the Link inside Email" ( http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/to-track-the-Click-on-the-Link-inside-Email/td-p/541303 ) My intention was to get your assistance to sort out this problem Please Help Regards