function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdcfoxsfdcfox 

Developer Console Freezing/100% CPU/Bug?

I am working on a class that will be incorporated into our project that helps build dynamic queries specific to our managed package's process. Everything was going fine until I saved my code and the Developer Console froze up. The mouse cursor wouldn't change, the menu stopped responding, everything. The only thing I could do was to close the Developer Console through the system's close button (but it didn't ask me to "End Process"). At this point, the tab where I was logged into my Developer Edition was also frozen; I had to close this tab as well using the tab's close button. I logged back in and went back to the console, and it immediately froze again. I managed to get the class closed in the Developer Console by hitting File > Close All as soon as the Developer Console popped up (and I still had to close the Console and Developer Edition a second time). This is the new Developer Console. Is there some known glitch?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Thomas DvornikThomas Dvornik

There is a known issue with the console freezing when opening/saving a class with multiple inner classes (more than one). So if your class has more than one inner class, a fix working its way through (xx: hopefully tomorrow :xx). Does it?

All Answers

Thomas DvornikThomas Dvornik

There is a known issue with the console freezing when opening/saving a class with multiple inner classes (more than one). So if your class has more than one inner class, a fix working its way through (xx: hopefully tomorrow :xx). Does it?

This was selected as the best answer
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
Yes, I was trying to be clever and not use many top-level classes, so I created a class with multiple inner classes, and that caused the freezing. Glad to know they're working on it.