function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PatlatusPatlatus 

Synchronize problem in Force.com IDE

I have tried to use Force.com IDE. I have downloaded the latest version of Force.com IDE (version 28.0) and while creating class or synchronize try (push changes to web) I receive the same error

com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

I have googled and found that 26 version should be downloaded instead of 28 to work with Force.com without experiencing nasty obscure errors.

Is this really the case?

Unfortunately I can't find download link to older version (version 26). Can anyone share link to download version 26 of Force.com IDE?

crop1645crop1645

Patlatus

What works for me is simply to exit Eclipse, restart, and repeat the class creation

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
If you would like to install the version 26, first remove the version 28 which is already installed in eclipse.
Once removed, you will then have to install the version 28. By default there should be a checkbox checked to only get the latest version. Uncheck that and you will find the older versions as well.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
But as Eric pointed out in the previous post, usually this error goes away once we restart eclipse.
You can try this first before the re-installation to see if this works.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.