function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gregk07gregk07 

Help with Visual Force and Apex - Commissions on Opp Partners

Hi,

Our opportunity partners have commissions associated with opportunities. We have created a new object called Commissions which is tied to opportunities and accounts. To create commissions the sales person clicks “add new commission” from the opportunity page and fills out a simple form below.

Opportunity Name (Auto populates)                      

Partner Lookup (A lookup to choose partner "account" that will get commission)

Commissions (Yes/No)

Amount (Currency)                         

Product (Multi Select)

We’d like to have a visual force page that pulls in all associated opportunity partners with a separate commission section for each. Currently we’re asking sales to reselect the partner when adding commission which isn’t very elegant. Can you please offer any ideas or examples of how we might improve our process?

I would greatly appreciate any ideas or help.

Thank you!

Greg

Paul.FoxPaul.Fox

Can there only be one partner per product, or could multiple partners share a commission on one product?

Based on what you've explained so far, a simple visualforce page that works like the Opportunity Contact roles page would work well. You could use the same visualforce page for editing and adding commissions. 

gregk07gregk07

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Yes, partners can share commission on the same product.

The role page is exactly the scenario I was hoping to use. I gave up on it when I found the page layout for partners is not available. I wasn't aware that I could grab the visualforce page for certain pages. I'd love to learn more about this.

How do you go about getting the apex from the Opportunity Partners page or is this not what you mean?

Best,
Greg