function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ng30345ng30345 

Task sync does not relate a Contact to the task?

When you sync tasks between outlook and sf, you cant relate a Contact (or Account) to the task?  Is there a non-manual workaround to this?  Since Outlook tasks have a "Contacts" button on them that allows you to link the task to one of your outlook contacts, I would have thought that this would already work.
Harry JamesHarry James

You are correct.  I vaguely recall some discussions on ways that it might be accomplished.  But my memory is that it involved registry edits and things that I did not want to get into to.

The 3.0 Version, that is still Limited Release, does have this capability.

wsws
Hi,

With Outlook Edition 2 - there is no way to associate a task with a contact FROM outlook.  You can view the association IN outlook if the association was made IN Salesforce.com.

With Outlook Edition 3 - those restrictions are removed and you can make associations either from Outlook or from Salesforce.com.

Thanks,

PeanutmanPeanutman

Hi WS!

This is very nice for Tasks! What about Events?

Will we be able to create Events in Outlook and associate them to Accounts/Contacts in Outlook, or is this functionality just going to be for Tasks?

Thanks,

Eric

Harry JamesHarry James
Yes, Events too.
wsws
Hi,

Yes, this functionality is for both events AND tasks.

Thanks,

bbcusbbcus
I do see the relationship to the contact in a task in outlook, but how do I sync that info from outlook to my blackberry????  Right now it just gives the subject line in the phone and doesn't associate any contact.

Thanks for the help>