function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
advlgxpmadvlgxpm 

ERROR: Currency Fields on entities with effective dated currency are not supported

I am getting this error when trying to add a currency type field to a VF page. I expect it has somethign to do with multicurrency being enabled in the org but I don't know how to handle it. Here is my apex code... if I remove the column and outputfields for opportunity.amount, then the page works fine.

How do I deal with correcting this? Thanks

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!opportunities}" var="o" rendered="{!selectedSize <> 1}">

<apex:column rendered="{!selectedSize > 1}" headerValue="Action">

<apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.View, o.id)}">view</apex:outputLink>

</apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Opporunity Name">

<apex:commandLink value="{!o.name}" action="{!setbubble}" status="status" rerender="thePlot,selectedBubbles">

<apex:param value="{!o.id}" name="foo" assignTo="{!selectedId}"/>

</apex:commandLink>

</apex:column>

<apex:column headervalue="Account Name"><apex:outputField value="{!o.accountId}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Amount"><apex:outputField value="{!o.amount}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Stage"><apex:outputField value="{!o.stageName}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Probability"><apex:outputField value="{!o.probability}"/></apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Close Date"><apex:outputField value="{!o.closeDate}"/></apex:column>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

<apex:pageBlockSection rendered="{!selectedSize == 1}">

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.name}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.account.name}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.probability}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.closeDate}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.amount}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.lastActivityDate}"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>

jwetzlerjwetzler
Unfortunately dated currencies are not supported at this time in Visualforce.  You should be able to use outputText instead of outputField to get the currency values.  However they will not be calculated and converted for you, and you may have to format them yourself.
DataData

typical! everytime I want to do something moderatly simple salesfore doesn't support it... grrrr...

this, not being able to convert new lines to <br> tags .. the list goes on... you'd think that when a function gets implemented that they would look at the impact to the rest of the system, or at the very least before you switch it on having a warning of current limitations. Oh well off to the world of custom code...

hokusaihokusai
I am surprised about this.  When will this be supported?  Mabye less time should be spent on chatter and more time should be spent on visualforce for basic business applications like multicurrency, dependent picklists and a debugger. 
YarivOYarivO

Hi,

This is a serious limitation. I logged an idea in the Salesforce Community site. Please promote:https://sites.secure.force.com/ideaexchange//apex/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xt&id=087300000007kSc&returnUrl=/apex/ideaList%3Fc%3D09a30000000D9xt%26sort%3Drecent

Thanks,

Yariv 

Ron WildRon Wild

Here's a repost of YarivO's ideas link:

https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xtAAC&id=087300000007kScAAI

Please promote this one folks!

PS I agree with the post above, less chatter, more useful functionality.

ministe_2003ministe_2003

Couldn't agree more.  Seems like every quartly update is 90% focussed on Chatter and now the certification exams are full to the brim with Chatter questions.  News flash!  Lots of us don't use Chatter and have no interest in making Salesforce "social"!

There's so many basics that are missing, like this one (and as an extension, the ability to display the Converted Amount field on emails which exists on reports) and really basic things like Case-Switch statements in Apex.

Please Salesforce, leave Chatter alone, there's much more important things that we need!

NsikhwalNsikhwal

Thanks for this info, its working now. :) 

Cheers

Tarik KadicTarik Kadic
This helped me to pass the challenge. Thank You ! !! !!!
SANTOSHKUMAR TEMBHARESANTOSHKUMAR TEMBHARE
If the "Advanced Currency Management" is enabled then we will get this error "Currency Fields on entities with an effective dated currency is not supported ". If you don't need this to be enabled disable it. 
To Disable these settings go to setup->Company Profile->Manage Currencies->Disable it.
Else manage the display with checking this option with if..Else logic. 
Surendra ThakkarSurendra Thakkar
Disable Advanced Currency Management and use below code:

<apex:page standardcontroller="Opportunity">
<apex:pageBlock >
   <apex:pageBlocksection title="Opportunity Details" >
      <apex:outputField value="{!Opportunity.Name}"/>
      <apex:outputField value="{!Opportunity.Amount}"/>
      <apex:outputField value="{!Opportunity.CloseDate}"/>
      <apex:outputField value="{!Opportunity.Account.Name}"/>
   </apex:pageBlocksection>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Please Mark as Best Answer if you find useful.