function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
awilawil 

formula field not updating during actionsupport rerender

I have a custom formula field (shipping_total__c) that is the sum of two other fields (shipping1__c, shipping2__c), and I have created a visualforce page that displays the latter two fields in <apex:inputfield> tags, and the formula field in an <apex:outputfield> tag. I am trying to get the formula field to rerender with the correct amount any time the first two are modified, but the value does not change.

I suspect that the field formula is not re-calculating after it is originally retrieved from the opportunity object via SOQL on initial page display.

If I try to modify those fields,

Code:
this.opportunity.shipping_total__c = this.opportunity.shipping1__c + this.opportunity.shipping2__c;

... I get an Apex error that this field is read-only.

I *could* create a temp decimal variable and display that instead, and then update it onchange of the first two shipping values, but that seems like more work than should be necessary.

How can I force a formula field to re-render without actually committing/updating the data back to the DB first?

JasonGablerJasonGabler

I'm having the same issue, did you ever solve this?  I can get anything else to rerender properly, but formula fields only change on a full page refresh.

thanks,

jyg

frenervefrenerve

Havin gthe sames issue, any idea why Formulas will not rerender in a component?