function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JGreeJGree 

Possible to downgrade Outlook Connect version?

After rolling out O3 (3.3.104) to across the site, and upgrading the early adoption test clients, we're finding certain machines experience frequent Outlook crashes ("Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'salesforce.com outlook edition enhanced' add-in...").

A couple of the troublesome machines were early adopters that didn't have any problems until upgrading the connector version. Outlook 2007 SP2 on XP. We've done the uninstall/reinstall thing.

Other suggestions? Or can someone point me to where to download earlier versions of the Outlook Connector?

MSalkovickMSalkovick
I'm seeing the same issue with O3 (3.3.104), Windows XP, and Outlook 2007. 
KajiggerKajigger
We are also seeing this problem with Outlook 2007 SP2 on XP.  I have found that the users who have not upgraded from version 3.2 do not have this problem.  So downgrading seems the best way to fix this.  I still have not found a link to download the older version yet..
LP360LP360

You should take a look at “LinkPoint Vueis a CRM Adoption and Productivity tool for Outlook. LinkPoint Vue presents Salesforce.com data inside Outlook to simplify how users view, update and access their Salesforce information.

By presenting the CRM data within Outlook, users have immediate access to all the information related to the emails they send and receive. From there they can act upon the data with a single mouse-click and perform any variety of CRM functions directly inside Outlook.

http://www.linkpoint360.com/VueOverviewSFDC.aspx

nwingnwing

So, for all intents and purposes then, the Salesforce Outlook Plugin is no longer a workable solution?  It would be nice to have this mentioned instead of spending two hours trying to troubleshoot the problem.

LP360LP360

You can also take a look at LinkPoint Vue for Outlook integration, it's currently rated as one the Top 10 AppExchange Products.

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/home