function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
j4l5j4l5 

uploading accounts and contacts via apex data loader

I will be automatically creating 2 files each day for uplaod into salesforce via apex data loader, a contacts and an account file.

The contacts file will need the sales force account id in order to link the 2 files once uploaded, however if I am uploading both a contact and an account (accunt is not pre existing) I will not be able to determine the account id for the contact.

What is the best method to obtain an account id?

So far I guess I will need to 1. create and upload account file 2. download account table 3. obtain sales force account id from the downloaded file 4. create and upload contact file

Obviously seems a little long winded to me, isnt there a better method for automated uploading with apex data loader

matermortsmatermorts

Combine the files, before inserting the accounts, so that the contact data that's going to be inserted is on the same row with the account. When you do the insert of the account, a success file will be generated, containing the resultant account Id of the new accounts. Use this success file to insert the contacts.

Obviously, this won't work if you have more than one contact per account, because in that case you'd be inserting duplicate accounts. But I've used this method before when in a predicament such as the one you're in.

Sumit KumarSumit Kumar

Yes I have a solution for that but at one stage i am also stuck strough Talend tool we can upload data in to multiple objects.

I am new in Talend.
Can you please help me in uploading the the data in multiple objects in Salesforce by creating job in Talend (ETL Tool) .
Please tell the following steps.

Any help is appreciated.

Sumit KumarSumit Kumar

Try below link may you got yours answer

http://www.consleague.com/blog/?p=77