function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jonathanrico.jonathanrico. 

Internet Explorer freezes after opening some pop-ups

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out a behavior with IE 7, I made a custom links section, each time a custom link is clicked the following javascript that opens a VF page in a new window is executed:

window.open('/apex/vf_page');

It works fine, however if I click the link a couple of times, the popup window stays in a loading state, and then I'm not able to access any other salesforce page!, not even the login page I need to restart IE in order to access salesforce again.

I tested the links using Firefox 3, and Chrome and everything works fine.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance
dchasmandchasman
Is your intent to open a new window every time the link is clicked or do you want it to reuse/surface an existing window if one is there? Have you tried specifying a window name as the optional second argument to window.open(). e.g. window.open('/apex/vf_page', '_blank')?

On a different angle why are you not just creating a cusomt link with your VF page as the target directly instead of using javascript?

Message Edited by dchasman on 01-07-2009 12:36 PM
jonathanrico.jonathanrico.
Thanks for your reply Doug,

My intent is actually to reuse an existing window if one is there, and to do this I specified the optional parameters, however the behavior is the same if I want to reuse an existing window or If I try to open new windows, like in the example I posted.

And the reason i'm not creating a custom link directly to my VF page is because I want to open the new window as a popup with a certain width, height an on-screen position and I didn't find a way to control this aspects of the opening window by linking the link directly to a VF page.