function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SekharSekhar 

Can't get into development mode

I have a Developer Edition account, and I'm not able to get into development mode, or that's what it looks like - don't see any preview when building a page. I went to the personal info section and checked the development mode per instructions, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there some other setting?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
James_AdapxJames_Adapx
cool. Not sure how report it..

All Answers

James_AdapxJames_Adapx

Are you on your visual force page and you dont see a page editor bar at the bottom? If you do see this bar then click on the up button on the right side and it will open up the code editor for the page.

James 

SekharSekhar

This is what I see. I can edit the page, but there is no preview at the top. Also, if I try to open a non-existent page, I don't get a prompt for creating it (which I should get if I'm in development mode).

James_AdapxJames_Adapx
Yeah I get the same thing, have you saved that page? I think if you save it and then navigate to it you will get the preview with the page editor at the bottom..
James_AdapxJames_Adapx

Yeah I just tried it.. Save the page and then put a link like this in the browser with your info changed.test1 was the name I gave my page..

https://cs2.salesforce.com/apex/test1 

SekharSekhar
That opens up the page, but not for editing - i.e., no edit window. What I need is to see the effect of my edits as and when I make them rather than saving and opening the page separately each time.
James_AdapxJames_Adapx
The edit should be at the bottom, there is a bar that may be minimized. You have to click the button on the right and then it brings up the edit..
James_AdapxJames_Adapx

This link has a picture of what it looks like..

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/pages_quick_start_iteration_components.htm 

SekharSekhar
Turned out to be a browser issue - I was using Google Chrome. Worked fine in FireFox. Thanks! BTW, how would you report something like this to Salesforce?
Message Edited by Sekhar on 02-18-2009 03:23 PM
James_AdapxJames_Adapx
cool. Not sure how report it..
This was selected as the best answer