function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shan876shan876 

Insufficient Privileges??? Users can not see my VF Page??

Hi:

My users can not see the VF page, they keep getting the following error:

Insufficient Privileges

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. 

What should I do?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
mtbclimbermtbclimber

mtbclimber wrote:

Do they have page level security access (related list on their profile) to the page?

You can also set this for multiple profiles from the page list in setup. Click the "security" link next to the page.

All Answers

mtbclimbermtbclimber

Do they have page level security access (related list on their profile) to the page?

Does the page use a standard controller? If so do your users have Read access to the object (profile)? Can they see the record itself, i.e. is there a private security model on the object they are requesting and don't have read priviliges to the record?

shan876shan876

Hi Thank you for helping me out...

Well it is on the Account Object and yes they can view the Account record but can not view the VF page within the page layout??

mtbclimbermtbclimber
And they have page level security access on their profile to this page?
shan876shan876

Hi:

where do I go to see Page Level securtiy Access???

mtbclimbermtbclimber

mtbclimber wrote:

You can also set this for multiple profiles from the page list in setup. Click the "security" link next to the page.

This was selected as the best answer
shan876shan876

Thank You Thank You Thank You... You are awesome....

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

Even after doing this i get the same Insufficient Privileges error.

iffuiffu

Even I am facing the same error, Can any one help?

iffuiffu

I got the solution!....

Its not only the profile, but also the roles restrict the records. In my case, the role was not allowing to edit the record NOT OWNED by the user. when I managed to release the permissions, it worked.

Cheers!

Steve_TXSteve_TX

What did you specifically do to "release the permissions"?  My users are getting this error message trying to use EchoSign.

iffuiffu

There can be various reasons for this; you should probably check if the visualforce pages or controllers used by ecosign are given to the profiles that users are related with;

If you login as a system administrator then you should probably go this way and enable them to the profile for your users;

Your name >> Set up >> Profiles >> select that profile from which you are facing this error >> Visualforce page access >> edit >> Select the visualforce page from left and move them to the right and hit SAVE.

Follow the same way to Apex Class as well.

If you still are facing this error then there can be version problem on visualforce page as well. Lets not discuss about it too soon, let me know if you can fix this up using the above approach  and mark this as solution please, if it resolves your query :)

Steve_TXSteve_TX

Your suggestions did not resolve the issue.  My users were fine, then they started getting the following errors.  I am not getting these errors, but I am the SF sys admin. and we just upgraded to Echosign 11.4.

When my users attempt to do the following:
Opportunities > select an Opp. name > Agreements section > clicking 'New Agreement' button

They get the following error message:
Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

When my users attempt:
Opportunities > select an Opp. name > Agreements section > clicking on the Name

They get this error:
No such column 'useEmailAddress__c' on entity 'echosign_dev1__SIGN_Recipients__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. In this instance, it is not visible to the user because the custom object has not yet been deployed
An unexpected error has occurred. Your solution provider has been notified. (echosign_dev1)

This seems to be a premissions issue, but cannot find information on this in the EchoSign Installation and Customization Guide. Any assistance on this ASAP is greatly appreciated.