function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Satish RamananSatish Ramanan 

Not able to login to Force.com IDE

Hi, I am not able to login to force.com com ide for my Sandbox org. I am able to login into my sandbox through browser with same credentials. Tried to login by resetting my security token also. But still couldnt get it.

The error getting shown is,

Unable to connect to hostname 'test.salesforce.com'

Inavlid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Please verify and/or change your credentials.

AdminBoosterAdminBooster

You will get more information if you look at the login history of your app.

If there is no record for your login attempt, this will be an endpoint issue (example: no access from your ide whereas you are using a proxy with your browser) or a bad username

If you see the record, you will get the detail of the failed attempt

Karthik TathiReddyKarthik TathiReddy

This happens when your Force.com IDE version is lower than your Salesforce account. Update your Force.com IDE to the latest version and try logging into Force.com IDE in eclipse. Otherwise delete the current Project and create new Force.com project with your new security token. This process might work.....

Tanvir AnsariTanvir Ansari
Did it get resolved? How are you trying to login? Are you using Force.com IDE from firewall?
RahulGRahulG

Based on message 

- I don't think its a communication error, your IDE is able to communicate with Salesforce.

- I don't think it has anything to do with IDE version

Try

- Execute command

C:\>telnet test.salesforce.com 443

This will confirm if you are able to communicate with server from command line, if you are using authenticated HTTP proxy like ISA, you will need to make sure you have ISA client installed.

Make sure that you are not doing obvious mistake of not ending your username with sandbox name, so consider if your username is xyz@abc.com on production, The same on your Sandbox with name demo will be xyz@abc.com.demo

- If you have doubt on your security token, login on to Sandbox and update the user profile to set IP range as 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255, so that you will not require to pass security token during login and hence only username, password will be sufficient.