function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sprotsmansprotsman 

Maildrop

I just downloaded Maildrop. I look forward to using it with Mail.app! I noticed in the screenshot on the Maildrop site (http://www.pocketsoap.com/osx/maildrop/) a few additional scripts under the two Salesforce.com items -- Create Event, Create Note, Create Task. Are these specific to Entourage or are these related to Salesforce.com? It would be great to have these three items as Maildrop salesforce options.
SuperfellSuperfell
They're scripts that come with entourage, and they create event/tasks/notes in entourage. If you exand out a little on what you'd like the salesforce.com equivilent to be, i can put it on the todo list.
darindarin
Using Maildrop has been a total boon for me. Made me much more productive with salesforce and my Mac.

One problem I run into all the time is that Maidrop holds onto my "related to what?" information until I uncheck the selection from that tab/side of the dialog. So I have put a bunch of information into salesforce with the wrong "related to what?" information by accident. I was sort of under the impression that I could use these tabs independently.

To get to the point... I would like Maildrop to reset after an execution of "add Email" so that no "related to what?" or "related to who?" was left selected. Leaving what was last selected makes me always go into both tab areas to uncheck things.
darindarin
I love Maildrop.

So I'd like to make another suggestion.

Could Maildrop send to salesforce only the text selected in the body of an email. I often only want to send a section instead of the whole email.

Darin
TannicTannic
MailDrop is very awesome.

Requests:

1) Mail to lead - The ability to send an email into a lead
2) Create a lead - Ability to create a lead from an email
3) Auto login to SF when started

Tannic
SuperfellSuperfell
Glad you're finding it useful, some good news (1) is already there :), on the related to who tab, the search there will search both contacts & leads.

The other two items i'll put on the todo list, thanks for the feedback.

SuperfellSuperfell
Yes, good point, i'll fix that in the next version.

sprotsmansprotsman
Yes, thank you. The three items, Create Event, Create Note and Create Task would be helpful but not crucial. For example, an inbound email arrives and you would like to create a calendar event related to that particular contact/account. Similar for Note and Task.

Maildrop is fantastic!
rspzuserrspzuser
Despite trying for an hour I can't manage to get the MailDrop scripts to show up in the Scripts menu. How to the scripts get into the Mail.app's script folder?
SuperfellSuperfell
Did you follow the instructions in the help to turn on the system wide scripts menu ? (this is only needed for mail.app, not for entourage)
rspzuserrspzuser
Yes. It could be I am on a trial version. Do trial users get API access?
salesfrogsalesfrog
I'm having the same problem.  I enabled the system-wide scripts, restarted and generally pulled my hair out.  But none of that helped.  I still don't have maildrop scripts in my menu.  hmmm.  Any ideas?  I'm running out of hair, so I'm very concerned.
SuperfellSuperfell
Perhaps the first run failed to copy the scripts, can you see if the scripts are there?, they should be in ~/LibraryScripts/Applications/Mail
rspzuserrspzuser

SimonF wrote:
Perhaps the first run failed to copy the scripts, can you see if the scripts are there?, they should be in ~/LibraryScripts/Applications/Mail

The scripts are not there. So that's the issue. I've installed maildrop twice. Is there an alternative mechanism for getting the scripts out of the package? Is it possible to get them from somewhere else?
SuperfellSuperfell
The scripts are inside the application package, from finder you can right click on Maildrop, pick show package contents, then under content/resources/mail scripts are the 2 scripts for mail.app, copy these to ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail/

I have a todo to add an option to re-run the install scripts stuff, I'll bump that up the list.
salesfrogsalesfrog
Thanks! I'll check, but do you mean:

~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail   (or)
~/LibraryScripts/Applications/Mail

I can't find a folders named LibraryScripts
I do have a Scripts folder and it does not contain /Applications/Mail

Should I delete the application and re-install?

Thanks for your help!
rspzuserrspzuser

SimonF wrote:

Ba Da Bing. That worked. Hopefully salesfrog will have similar luck. Thanks!!
rspzuserrspzuser

salesfrog wrote:
Thanks! I'll check, but do you mean:

~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail   (or)
~/LibraryScripts/Applications/Mail

I can't find a folders named LibraryScripts
I do have a Scripts folder and it does not contain /Applications/Mail

Should I delete the application and re-install?

Thanks for your help!

You want them in:

~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail
salesfrogsalesfrog
That worked like a charm! Thank you for your help. Long live Maildrop!
Avendio_HSAvendio_HS
Hi,

i like Maildrop, but I have one problem. Mail adresses of one company produce an error "MALFORMED_SEARCH: ". The syntax of the mail adresses is A.Smith@company-name.de

Any clue?

Kind regards,
Heiko Seel

SuperfellSuperfell
I'll look into it, should be easy to fix.
sharkmansharkman
SimonF -

I have downloaded maildrop onto my Mac's harddrive (O/S 10.4+). It seems to have been a successful download. I cannot, for the life of me, figure where to go from here. Specifically, there are many choices displayed under apple sripts icon, BUT none of the choices include "Adds Email to Salesforce" or "Create Case in Salesforce". What's up?

Thnaks...Victor
SuperfellSuperfell
1. download maildrop
2. open the DMG, drap maildrop to your /Applications folder
3. run it, this will install the scripts.
4. goto mail or entourage, with that app active, look at the scripts menu.
PEPSPEPS
I heard that Maildrop could be the solution to sync emails. I will me more interesting in an application able to sync either with address book or another offine application.

Could you tell me if there is any app to get all my SalesForce contacts synchronized off-line ?

Thanks

Thierry
sharkmansharkman
Salesfrog -

Did you receive a useful, helpful reply? Ifd so, would you share ity with me? Either reply to this or offline to vfs@sunhydrocorps.com.

Thanks...Victor aka sharkman
salesfrogsalesfrog
Hi Sharkman...

Simon's response did the trick:
Cheers
Simon

UloopScottUloopScott
Hello Simon-

I'm having some issues with the Maildrop application.  My fear is that it's more user error than it is application error, so I'm hoping you (or a community member) can talk me through this.

I've installed Maildrop successfully and have it running on my Intel Mac OSX machine.  When I open up an email that I want to import into Salesforce I am able to successfully create a case; however, when I click the Add Email to Salesforce script in my scripts menu it looks like it starts to do something and then nothing happens. 

I think that I have the scripts successfully running; however, I'm not 100% sure I've done that right, although I'd done it as the help menu specifies.

Please advise on how to import an email into SalesForce and what you think I may be doing incorrectly.
tomaswktomaswk
If I email some for the first time from iMail and they are brand new contact, Maildrop will not react to the email. So I am not able to upload the email into SF as a new contact or anything.

If that same person emails me back then the "From" includes their name and Maildrop will link with SF perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a feature request?
SuperfellSuperfell
Oh, the joys of applescript. What's happening is the applescript is stopping with an error because the recipients name is not defined, which is why it appears to do nothing. I'll work on a fix.
SuperfellSuperfell
I just release the fix for this, restart maildrop, or pick check for updates from the help menu to get updated.
tomaswktomaswk
Simon, you are the best thing since a vegan chocolate chip cookie! Thanks so much that saves me lots of time. Thank you for all the work you are doing with us MAC folk.
kekkek
Simon,

I am in the process of rolling MailDrop out to my user community and the reaction so far has been very positive. We do have one enhancement request so far. When attaching an email to a Lead we would like to be able to search on the Lead's Company since we often know the company, but not the person.

Thank you,
Karen
SuperfellSuperfell
Hi,

although the lead company field is not show in the search results, the field is actually searched.
georgiageorgia
I think I am having the same problem.  I am new to the Mac community and followed the directions to enable Apple Scripts.  Still, I can't notice anything different in Mail and the "Script Editor" is greyed out.  What am I doing wrong?  Did I miss something in the installation??
dikutadikuta
Is it possible to use Maildrop with OS 10.3 (Panther)? This OS doesn't have the applescript utility to turn on scripts. I'm using Entourage 2004.
SuperfellSuperfell
You'll have to try it, I've only tested on Tiger. Entourage has its own scripts menu, so for entourage you're not reliant on the OS provided scripts menu.