function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sprotsmansprotsman 

MailDrop enhancement

When adding email to salesforce and choosing Opportunity there is no dialog for associating the name to a contact. For example, I select 'Add Email to Salesforce.com' from the Script menu; click the 'Related to What?' tab; enter an opportunity name in the search field; select the opportunity; click 'Add Email'.

This adds the email to the Opportunity I selected in the above process and opens the salesforce.com page in my web browser. The 'Name' field, however, is blank because the process doesn't prompt me to associate this email with a 'Contact'. I have to manually edit the post to add the contact's name. This isn't a big deal but it would be wonderful if this could all be done within MailDrop.

--Shawn
SuperfellSuperfell
There's two tabs in the add email Ui, just goto both of them before clicking add.
sprotsmansprotsman
Excellent! Thanks for pointing that out to me. I thought it had to be one or the other.
tomaswktomaswk
Here is a video me doing exactly what Simon just said. Hope it helps!
http://www.screencast.com/t/DbuvKKoGi
sprotsmansprotsman
Great little video!
SuperfellSuperfell
Cool.

I had a suggestion to drop the tabs and have the who/what's be side by side at the same time, would that make more sense ?
tomaswktomaswk
yeah that would be nicer to have them both in the same window instead of seperate tabs. Also is there a shortcut key for pressing enter? Because when I am uploading lots of emails, it is annoying to have to move the mouse each time to press enter. Just checking. Thanks.
tomaswktomaswk
Hey Simon, another possible suggestions.

Often I am uploading several emails one right after another to SF. Each time it pops my Web Browser over my iMail and creates a new tab. So each time I have to click back to iMail and the multiple web tabs loading slows my computer down. So...

My suggestions is can we make the "open the web browser" an option that a user can turn on and off. That way I could do 20-30 emails at once and extra fast.

Let me know. Thanks. Tom.
SuperfellSuperfell
That option already exists, select preferences from the Maildrop menu. If you turn that off, i'd recemmend you use the growl integration if you're not already, that'll way you'll get some confirmation of what happened via growl.
tomaswktomaswk
Got it thanks! I should have know.

Another thought, is there a way to make a hotkey for the enter button so I don't have to move my mouse each time?
SuperfellSuperfell
I just posted a new build that has the who/what's on a single split view window, rather than the tabs. Restart Maildrop, or pick check for updates from the help menu to get the new build.
tomaswktomaswk
Thanks Simon, works great minus one minor thing. Before when I typed in an opp name, I could just hit enter and it would seach, now it won't do that and I have to move the mouse to the search tab to make it search. Not a big deal when you are only uploading one, but if you have a batch, it is a repetative stress.
SuperfellSuperfell
Fixed, the enter key will now perform the search for both of the search text entry boxes. Grab the latest version.

tomaswktomaswk
Hey SImon,

Is there any chance of being able to adjust the email subject before uploading an email? That why I could describe it as to what the content of the email contains, verses 5 emails that all have the same subject of "Re: Nice Talking WIth You" and I have to click through each one to find the one I was looking for. Let me know. Thanks.
SuperfellSuperfell
Sure, that should be easy to add, I'll take a look.
SuperfellSuperfell
I added email subject to the add email window. Restart Maildrop or pick Check for Updates from the help menu to pickup the new version.

tomaswktomaswk
Thanks Simon! It works great.