function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HarryLemonHarryLemon 

Record DeDup 1.4 in Safari

I love and admire Apple, and one day plan on getting one for myself, but am still a PC user at present, and my client is a pure Mac house running Salesforce on a mix of Safari and Firefox browsers.

They have long been in need of the kind of dup checking Salesforce Labs' "Record DeDup 1.4" is now providing - especially now that it's overriding the 'New' button for all new Lead, Contact, & Account record creations, but it's only functioning correctly in this capacity for those users running it on Firefox. Safari just sits there on the "Searching, please wait..." screen and that's it.

Is this also down to how Safari doesn't honor the content type like most other browsers, and is Leopard the best hope we have for this, or does anyone know of a way this can be fixed without having to impose a blanket denial of the use of Safari for Salesforce moving forward?

Many thanks,
HarryLemon
HarryLemonHarryLemon
anyone???
SuperfellSuperfell
Have you tried it in Safari 3 ? (there's a windows build available)
HarryLemonHarryLemon
I'll be darned! It works in Safari 3.0 Beta! Yay!!!

Thank you, Simon, for the advice - I greatly appreciate it. The beta seems to run very stable as well, so it sure does look like we have ourselves a winner! =)

Thanks again,
HarryLemon