function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jonathanrico.jonathanrico. 

Help! Two underscores in url parameter is giving an "Insufficient Privileges" Error

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working with customer portal, don't know if this also happens outside of Customer Portal, but when I have a paramter in the url that has double underscore, suchas as theparam=thevalue__x, I get an Insufficient Privileges Error.This was not happening yesterday...

Any idea on why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

paul-lmipaul-lmi
sounds like it's being treated like a custom object name.  your best bet would be to open a support ticket on this one.  salesforce just sent out an email blast regarding force.com sites and some other vf related stuff, so it's highly probably they pushed an update yesterday/today too.

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply. hmm hopefully there's a fix for this soon because the error is kind of hard to debug since Insufficient Privileges message doesn't help a lot, took me a while to figure out this is was the problem and I do need to send double underscores in the request :smileyindifferent:. 

dchasmandchasman
Fix for this is scheduled to be deployed later today.

Excellent! 

RRESRRES

It doesn't look like this fix was ever deployed. Can you give us an ETA for this? I have an application we've built for a client that cannot launch without this bug fix.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Rich