function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
homesteadhomestead 

mac compatible CTI adapter/ setting up call center from safari

I am having no luck in finding a compatible CTI Adapter for Safari. Does anyone have a suggestion. I have packet8 on my Internet explorer Pc's, but we just go macbooks.
homesteadhomestead
Would dial! Fritz work?
werewolfwerewolf
Unfortunately, very few CTI providers work on the Mac, since there are in fact very few call centers on that platform.
BeaubienBeaubien

I am looking for the same solution.  I have Salesforce and Skype.  It works very well on my PC.  There is no solution on the Mac.  Although Skype does work well on the Mac just no integration with Salesforce as it only works in IE.

This really seems like Salesforce and the supposed tight relationship with Apple would have a solution for us.  This problem forces an IE dependency.  Salesforce is very vocal against Microsoft.  Why not put some resources on getting us away from IE.  The Skype CTI is the only reason I continue on my PC otherwsie everything else is in the cloud and on my Mac. 

psichelpsichel

I realize this is late to the party, but I'm the developer of Phone Amego which could provide the Mac CTI linkage you are looking for. More info: http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/index.html

I'd be happy to answer any questions by Email.

PCSJRPCSJR

Peter:

I'd love to hire you to implement this for my small firm of Mac-using salesforce.com users. I sent you a contact message from your firm's web page, so hopefully you got that. Thanks!!

-Patrick

psichelpsichel

After some investigation, I don't have a complete solution in the form of a "Salesforce CTI adaptor".

What Phone Amego can do is:

(1) Open a generic URL containing the caller ID name or phone number when a call arrives (to bring up a matching contact in Salesforce).

(2) Create an event in iCal corresponding to the call (which can then synch with other calendars).

(3) Dial a "tel" or "callto" URL or a selected phone number that appears on your screen.

Unfortunately the CTI toolkit that Salesforce provides is a Windows specific softphone that runs on your computer which developers can extend to dial and receive caller ID.  Phone Amego can dial and receive caller ID but as Mac software, it has no easy way to integrate with a Windows softphone.  

In my humble opinion, Salesforce could do a better job of opening this up to other platforms by supporting an API based on standard web technologies instead of a Windows softphone.

Kind Regards,

- Peter Sichel
Sustainable Softworks

MoysieKMoysieK

It is open now with Open CTI.  We just need more people implementing that.

http://blogs.salesforce.com/company/2012/08/open-cti-moving-cti-integrations-to-the-cloud.html

Let me know if people have done this as we are looking for that now.

psichelpsichel

I've looked at OpenCTI and would be open to adding support for this in Phone Amego. I don't know of any other Mac implementations at this time.

Kind Regards,

- Peter

--
Phone Call Wizard for Hire. Phone Amego: The Missing Mac Telephony Bridge
http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/index.html