function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Thomas StrohThomas Stroh 

VisualForce & Home Page Component Problems

Hopefully I'm missing something really simple here. I created a "Home Page Component" with the following body:

<iframe src="/apex/test" width="100%" frameborder="0" height="100"></iframe>

Where "test" is my VisualForce page. When I configure this to display on my home page, I see the source code as opposed to my VF page? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Thomas StrohThomas Stroh

Answered my own question ... very basic issue! I just needed to make sure the check box for HTML was enabled before inserting my code! Hopefully this will help someone from doing this in the future!

Regards

All Answers

Thomas StrohThomas Stroh

Answered my own question ... very basic issue! I just needed to make sure the check box for HTML was enabled before inserting my code! Hopefully this will help someone from doing this in the future!

Regards

This was selected as the best answer
QuiqueprQuiquepr

Thom:

I am trying a similar thing.  My Visual force page is a justy 4 enhaced list views one below th other, I would like to drop this VF page as the top Home page component and i get the same error you did - I did mark the HomeP comp as HTLM Area as well.

the following rendered in the top of the home page:

ValueFrames

<iframe src="/apex/tvmc_ValueFrames" width="100%" frameborder="0" height="800"></iframe>

the VF page code is as follows:

<apex:page > 
<h1>Welcome to ValueFrames</h1>
Your Custom Lists for Opportunities, Leads, Cases and Projects
<apex:enhancedList type="Opportunity" ID="00B40000005Sc3w" height="200" rowsPerPage="25" id="AccountList" customizable="false"></apex:enhancedList>
<apex:enhancedlist type="Lead" ID="00B40000005UtET" height="200" rowsPerPage="25" id="LeadList" customizable="false"></apex:enhancedList>
<apex:enhancedlist type="Case" ID="00B40000005Sc41" height="200" rowsPerPage="25" id="CaseList" customizable="false"></apex:enhancedList>
<apex:enhancedlist type="SFL5_Projects__c" ID="00B40000005Sd1Y" height="200" rowsPerPage="25" id="ProjectList" customizable="false"></apex:enhancedList>
 </apex:page>

Any ideas?

Tks,

Quique 

Thomas StrohThomas Stroh

Assumming you have verified your VisualForce page elsewhere, do the following steps.

- Create new "Home Page Component" as "HTML Area"

- Before pasting your HTML code, make sure "Show HTML" is selected in the editor.

- Paste your code

- Uncheck "Show HTML" and it should show correctly right there.

Madhura BMadhura B

I am trying a similar thing. However when i use  apex:enhancelist i can't remove the header. that is showheader cannot be made false.

How can i include cases in my home page without the header?

jvolkovjvolkov

Also be sure that the page editor is collapsed, that was my problem.

pintu francis qburstpintu francis qburst

I would not suggest using Iframes coz, its not appretiated by salesforce. and also if you are trying to load some content(say script) from non secure sites(http) most of the latest browsers will throw a warning of "loading unsecure content" coz secure sites will not compromise its security. and iframe is a best way to peep in to the secure content.

Try instead writing pure html code in home page components and use 'Apex Web Services' to pull requred data through a javascript call...