function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AashikaAashika 

Creating standard Send Email functionality using Visualforce.

Hi,

I created a VF page that provides the standard functionality of the "Send Email" in Salesforce using Registered service. The page basically allows to send email to the users through a registered service. The VF page will look like standard "Send Email" page of SF. I created the custom button "Select Template" and when user clicks on select template button standard Salesforce pop up window also opens up, listing various templates to select.Now as the pop-up which opens up is in *.Salesforce.com domain and our Visualforce page is in *.force.com domain, so the browser security settings doesn’t allow the pop-up window to communicate the template selected action back to parent window (i.e., our vf page). Browser prevents cross server interactions.

Please advice.

Anand@SAASAnand@SAAS

If you are trying to leverage the standard applications functionality by "hacking" into the URL, you are out of luck. This is probably one of the reasons that visual force pages are served froma different domain. 

You will have to build the "Select a template" functionality yourself. I would try to work with the OOTB functionality unless there's a specific reason you cannot. 

metaforcemetaforce

Hi Aashika, just cusirous as am looking to build a similar functionality, were you able to implement this? If yes, can you please share the code with me, thanks.

Ajay 

cloudforcecloudforce

Hi Ajay,

Even we are looking for the same above  implementation please share us it will be of great help .

cloudforcecloudforce

Hi Aashika,

Even we are looking for the same implementation please share us for the same  it will be of great help .

vinod kumarvinod kumar
Hi AaShika Can you share us the code.

Thanks