function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VarunCVarunC 

Mobile Application VF Pages

Hi,

I have Edit/New links overriden for some objects, and the Edit/New links Open Custom VF pages.

My issue here is that the VF pages are displaying fine in PC, but in Mobile it is not displaying fine.

Is there any sort of custiomizations we NEED to do to make VF pages in aligned with Mobile Application?

Is there any way we can custmoize settings SEPERATELY for  PC and Mobile Application such that an override link in PC goes to One VF page nad the Same overridden link goes to Another VF page in Mobile Application ?

Help  needed .. urgently, i found that my App is broken in Mobile .. :( ...

Ron HessRon Hess

in your page controller, see if you can read the http headers. if so, you can detect the mobile browser, i think.

if you can detect , then you can set a property and your page can detect this ( using output panel & rendered) show one or the other of the pages you would like.

VarunCVarunC

hmmm .. but my issue is, even if i've set Link Overriden for an object to Custom VF page, it is not redirecting on Edit from Mobile App on my windows Mobile to that edit page Instead it is redirecting to Standard Edit Link.

Also, if I create a Custom VF Tab then also, the Page is Rendered simply like it is rendered in webapp on PC in browser, I want the VF page to be  displayed Exactly as it is displayed on Mobile App for custom object tab.

Ron HessRon Hess
I think i see, so visualforce override does not work on a mobile device?  are you overriding the tab or the edit page?
VarunCVarunC
I am overriding an EDIT link ....
Ron HessRon Hess

can you file a case with support, i would expect an override to work in mobile the same way as it does in a normal browser.

perhaps there is a configuration on the mobile browser that prevents it from following a redirect.

asapjimasapjim

Any resolution to this?