function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JHAJHA 

Soql query error!

I have a 2 custom object 1 for customer and other for product.i just wan to retrieve all the possible combination of customer and product, say one customer relates to all product.

if i have 2 customer a,b
            3  product    c,d,e

i want following combination 

Customer     product
                                       a                  c
                                        a                  d
                                        a                  e
                                        b                  c     
                                        b                   d
                                        b                   e

but none of my query belows working fine can anyone please correct my query, there is no relation between customer and product objects.

Select  Name,(select name  from newproduct__c)  FROM NewCustomer__c

Select  Name, newproduct__r.name   FROM  newcustomer__c. 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

If there is no relationship between customer and product, you won't be able to build this information in a single query.

To find out all possible combinations of customer and product, you'll have to query all customers, then query all products, then execute a repeat for all customers, and in the body execute another repeat for all products.

E.g.

In the controller: List<NewCustomer__c> customers=[select name from NewCustomer__c]; List<NewProduct__c> products=[select name from NewProduct__c]; In the page: <table> <apex:repeat value="{!customers}" var="customer"> <apex:repeat value="{!products}" var="product"> <tr> <td>{!customer.Name}</td> <td>{!product.Name}</td> </tr> </apex:repeat> </apex:repeat> </table>

JHAJHA

Thanks for your help.I have solved my UI part,im sending u my code.Can u please help me out to create save functionality?

I have a custom object named newforecast__c with
1)Customer_entry
2)Item_entry
3)Month
4)Forecastqty

when user click save data should be saved in this above custom object where customer_entry will have customer name,item_entry have item name ,Month will be the header (say jan,feb,mar.....or dec) below user enter forecastqty and forecastqty will be the qty that user will enter.

In case if user enter qty for jan ,feb ,  nov  in single row then there will be 3 seperate (loop) entry will go in above mentioned custom object with same custmer_entry,Item_entry but different month here jan,feb,nov and forecastqty will be respective monthwise qty that he enters.

There is no data binding hence i think we need to use geter,seter but dont know how to loop for table!

Let me know ur feedback.i will wait....

//Controller

public with sharing class ForecastController{
  private List<newcustomer__c> Customer;
  Private List<newproduct__c> Product;

public List<newcustomer__c> getCustomer()   { 
       Customer=[SELECT name FROM newcustomer__c a  ];
       return Customer;   
       }

public List<newproduct__c> getProduct()   { 
       Product=[SELECT name FROM newproduct__c a  ];
       return Product;   
       }   

}

//Page

<apex:page controller="ForecastController">
<apex:form >

<apex:pageBlock title="Forecast Entry Form">
       <apex:pagemessages /> 

<apex:pageblockButtons >
           <apex:commandButton Value="Save"  />
           <apex:commandButton value="Cancel"  />

</apex:pageblockButtons>

<table>
        <tr>
            <td >Customer</td>
            <td >Product</td>
            <td align="Center">Jan</td>
            <td align="Center">Feb</td>
            <td align="Center">Mar</td>
            <td align="Center">Apr</td>
        </tr>
        <apex:repeat value="{!customer}" var="cst">
        <apex:repeat value="{!product}" var="prd">
        <tr>
           <td><apex:inputField value="{!cst.Name}"/></td>
           <td><apex:inputField value="{!prd.Name}"/></td>
           <td><input   maxlength="80" name="janqty" size="3"   type="text"    /></td>
           <td><input   maxlength="80" name="febqty" size="3"   type="text"    /></td>
           <td><input   maxlength="80" name="marqty" size="3"   type="text"    /></td>
           <td><input   maxlength="80" name="aprqty" size="3"   type="text"    /></td>
        </tr>
        </apex:repeat>
    </table>      

</apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>   

</apex:page> 

Thanks again.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Rather than having a wrapper class model a single month, you'd need to store all months for the customer product information inside.  I'd suggest a class called Month with attributes Name and ForecastQty.  Then change the Wrapper class to hold a list of months.

Then you'd build your full list of wrapper classes first, iterate through them in a repeat and then bind on the contents of wrapper.

E.g.

controller: //Controller public with sharing class ForecastController{ private List<Wrapper> wrappers; private List<newcustomer__c> Customer; Private List<newproduct__c> Product; public List<newcustomer__c> getCustomer() { Customer=[SELECT name FROM newcustomer__c a ]; return Customer; } public List<newproduct__c> getProduct() { Product=[SELECT name FROM newproduct__c a ]; return Product; } public List<Wrapper> getWrappers() { wrappers=new List<Wrapper>(); for (NewCustomer__c customer : getCustomers()) { for (NewProduct__c product : getProducts()) { Wrapper wrapper=new Wrapper(); wrapper.product=product.Name; wrapper.customer=customer.Name; wrapper.months[0].Name='Jan'; wrapper.months[0].forecastqty=0.0; wrapper.months[1].Name='Feb'; wrapper.months[1].forecastqty=0.0; // repeat the above for each month. Could create an array // of months and iterate instead if required wrappers.add(wrapper); } } return wrappers; } In the page: <table> <tr> <td >Customer</td> <td >Product</td> <td align="Center">Jan</td> <td align="Center">Feb</td> <td align="Center">Mar</td> <td align="Center">Apr</td> </tr> <apex:repeat value="{!wrapper}" var="wrapper"> <tr> <td><apex:inputField value="{!wrapper.customer}"/></td> <td><apex:inputField value="{!wrapper.product}"/></td> <apex:repeat value="{!wrapper.months}" var="month"> <td><apex:inputText value="{!month.forecastqty}"/></td> </apex:repeat> </tr> </apex:repeat> </table>

JHAJHA

Really thanks a lot but the controller gives error

Invalid type: Wrapper at line 2 column 16 

I think we are missing something,please help.

Thanks again.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
You can't just cut and paste my code straight in - I am using wrapper to represent your wrapper class - you need to replace appropriately. 
JHAJHA

Im sorry but i didnt created any wrapper class.please help me out  how to create wrapper class?

Thanks.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You'll need a wrapper class that contains the customer, product, forecast information etc.  That is what this is based on.

I'm happy to take a look at your code once you've had a stab at it, but I can't spend time writing your code from scratch for you - sorry.

Message Edited by bob_buzzard on 01-05-2010 03:24 AM
JHAJHA

Hi,

Yeah you are very much true.i have tried somewhat like below but dont know how to add month and qty to it!

Please suggest some links or something where i can learn the things, as i cant find wrapper class example except adding cheekboxes.I've been struggling  to get this work from more then last 2 weeks!Please help me out. 

public class MyCategoryWrapper {  
      public newcustomer__c cst { get; set;}  
      public newproduct__c Prd{ get; set; }  

public MyCategoryWrapper(){  

cst = new newcustomer__c();  

prd= new newproduct__c();

}  

}

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

A wrapper class is simply a class that wraps Force sObjects with other information.  In normal programming parlance, its just a class.  I've added a Month example inner class to your code.

public class MyCategoryWrapper { public newcustomer__c cst { get; set;} public newproduct__c Prd{ get; set; } public List<Month> months {get; set;} public MyCategoryWrapper(){ cst = new newcustomer__c(); prd= new newproduct__c(); months=new List<Month>(); } public void addMonth(Month mon) { months.add(month); } public class Month { public String name {get; set;} public Double qty {get; set;} } }

JHAJHA

Thanks a lot for all your help. i have some error in page can u please see this

Error: Could not resolve the entity from <apex:inputField> value binding '{!wrp.customer}'. inputField can only be used with SObject fields.

Thanks again.

//page <apex:page controller="ForecastController"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Forecast Entry Form"> <apex:pagemessages /> <apex:pageblockButtons > <apex:commandButton Value="Save" /> <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" /> </apex:pageblockButtons> <table> <tr> <td >Customer</td> <td >Product</td> <td align="Center">Jan</td> <td align="Center">Feb</td> <td align="Center">Mar</td> <td align="Center">Apr</td> </tr> <apex:repeat value="{!Wrappers}" var="wrp"> <tr> <td><apex:inputField value="{!wrp.customer}"/></td> <td><apex:inputField value="{!wrp.product}"/></td> <apex:repeat value="{!wrp.months}" var="month"> <td><apex:inputText value="{!month.forecastqty}"/></td> </apex:repeat> </tr> </apex:repeat> </table> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

//controller

public with sharing class ForecastController{ private List<MycategoryWrapper> wrappers; private List<newcustomer__c> Customer; Private List<newproduct__c> Product; public List<newcustomer__c> getCustomer() { Customer=[SELECT name FROM newcustomer__c a ]; return Customer; } public List<newproduct__c> getProduct() { Product=[SELECT name FROM newproduct__c a ]; return Product; } public List<MycategoryWrapper> getWrappers() { wrappers=new List<MycategoryWrapper>(); for (NewCustomer__c customer : getCustomer()) { for (NewProduct__c product : getProduct()) { MycategoryWrapper wrapper=new MycategoryWrapper(); wrapper.prd.name=product.Name; wrapper.cst.name=customer.Name; wrapper.months[0].Name='Jan'; wrapper.months[0].qty=0.0; wrapper.months[1].Name='Feb'; wrapper.months[1].qty=0.0; // repeat the above for each month. Could create an array // of months and iterate instead if required wrappers.add(wrapper); } } return wrappers; } } // wrapper public class MyCategoryWrapper { public newcustomer__c cst { get; set;} public newproduct__c prd { get; set;} public List<Month> months {get; set;} public MyCategoryWrapper(){ cst = new newcustomer__c(); prd= new newproduct__c(); months=new List<Month>(); } public void addMonth(Month mon) { months.add(mon); } public class Month { public String name {get; set;} public Double qty {get; set;} } }

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

wrp.customer is an entire sObject containing customer details.

You will need to use a field from the sObject, e.g. wrp.customer.Name

JHAJHA

I have changed page code as below now getting some other error .please help.

System.ListException: List index out of bounds: 0
Class.ForecastController.getWrappers: line 26, column 28 External entry point

Thanks. 

<table>
        <tr>
            <td >Customer</td>
            <td >Product</td>
            <td align="Center">Jan</td>
            <td align="Center">Feb</td>
            <td align="Center">Mar</td>
            <td align="Center">Apr</td>

</tr>

<apex:repeat value="{!Wrappers}" var="wrp">
        <tr>
           <td><apex:inputField value="{!wrp.cst.name}"/></td>
           <td><apex:inputField value="{!wrp.prd.name}"/></td>

<apex:repeat value="{!wrp.months}" var="mon">
             <td><apex:inputText value="{!mon.qty}"/></td>

</tr>

</table>

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Can you post your latest forecast controller code - it looks like you are trying to use elements from an empty list.
JHAJHA

Thanks for your everything.

//Error: System.ListException: List index out of bounds: 0 Class.ForecastController.getWrappers: line 26, column 28 External entry point // page <apex:page controller="ForecastController"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Forecast Entry Form"> <apex:pagemessages /> <apex:pageblockButtons > <apex:commandButton Value="Save" /> <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" /> </apex:pageblockButtons> <table> <tr> <td >Customer</td> <td >Product</td> <td align="Center">Jan</td> <td align="Center">Feb</td> <td align="Center">Mar</td> <td align="Center">Apr</td> </tr> <apex:repeat value="{!Wrappers}" var="wrp"> <tr> <td><apex:inputField value="{!wrp.cst.name}"/></td> <td><apex:inputField value="{!wrp.prd.name}"/></td> <apex:repeat value="{!wrp.months}" var="mon"> <td><apex:inputText value="{!mon.qty}"/></td> </apex:repeat> </tr> </apex:repeat> </table> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page> //controller public with sharing class ForecastController{ private List<MycategoryWrapper> wrappers; private List<newcustomer__c> Customer; Private List<newproduct__c> Product; public List<newcustomer__c> getCustomer() { Customer=[SELECT name FROM newcustomer__c a ]; return Customer; } public List<newproduct__c> getProduct() { Product=[SELECT name FROM newproduct__c a ]; return Product; } public List<MycategoryWrapper> getWrappers() { wrappers=new List<MycategoryWrapper>(); for (NewCustomer__c customer : getCustomer()) { for (NewProduct__c product : getProduct()) { MycategoryWrapper wrapper=new MycategoryWrapper(); wrapper.prd.name=product.Name; wrapper.cst.name=customer.Name; wrapper.months[0].Name='Jan'; wrapper.months[0].qty=0.0; wrapper.months[1].Name='Feb'; wrapper.months[1].qty=0.0; // repeat the above for each month. Could create an array // of months and iterate instead if required wrappers.add(wrapper); } } return wrappers; } } // wrapper public class MyCategoryWrapper { public newcustomer__c cst { get; set;} public newproduct__c prd { get; set;} public List<Month> months {get; set;} public MyCategoryWrapper(){ cst = new newcustomer__c(); prd= new newproduct__c(); months=new List<Month>(); } public void addMonth(Month mon) { months.add(mon); } public class Month { public String name {get; set;} public Double qty {get; set;} } }

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Change:

wrapper.months[0].Name='Jan';

wrapper.months[0].qty=0.0;

wrapper.months[1].Name='Feb';

wrapper.months[1].qty=0.0;

to: 

Month mon=new Month();
mon.name='Jan';
mon.qty=0.0;
wrapper.addMonth(mon);

mon=new Month();
mon.name='Feb';
mon.qty=0.0;
wrapper.addMonth(mon);

Message Edited by bob_buzzard on 01-07-2010 07:21 AM
JHAJHA

Now Getting Error:

ErrorError: Compile Error: Invalid type: Month at line 27 column 27

Thanks.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Change Month to MyCategoryWrapper.Month
JHAJHA

Thaks a lot Bob! I will be really very thakful to you and my bad that i couldnt figure that mistake.

Need more of your favour about mapping and its save functionality to a custom object named NewForecast__c having

1)Customer_Entry__c

2)Item_Entry__c

3)Month__c

4)ForecastQty__c

Can u please, finally help me out in this issue?im will be really inspired to move further.

Any suggestion is heartly welcomed.

Thanks again.

Jha

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Not sure quite what you are asking here.

Are you wanting to save the contents of your list of wrappers to the database? 

JHAJHA

yes.you are very much true.

In case if user enter qty for jan ,feb ,  nov  in single row then there will be 3 seperate (loop) entry will go in above mentioned custom object with same custmer_entry,Item_entry but different month here jan,feb,nov and forecastqty will be respective monthwise qty that he enters.

Thanks & Regards,

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You'll need to do the following:

Iterate the wrapper object list

For each wrapper object, iterate the month list

For each month, create an instance of your custom object, populate the customer and product from the wrapper object, populate the month name and quantity from the month object.

As before, if you write some code I'll help you to get it working. 

JHAJHA

Thanks a lot for your evrything.

Do i need to do all that u said to my save method?

I will my best.

Thanks 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I reckon you do need to do this in your save method.

Also, you'll need to insert all the new custom objects to the database.

Store them in a list and insert in one go. 

JHAJHA

I tried as below i know its not upto the mark ,dont know how to iterate for month .

Please do me a favour.im in deep trouble,please i beg you.your this help will be a great help for me.

Moreover when i tried to use my save functionality without month and forecastqty on UI it says error like:

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object
Class.ForecastController.save: line 59, column 19 External entry point

public with sharing class ForecastController{ private List<MycategoryWrapper> wrappers; private List<newcustomer__c> Customer; Private List<newproduct__c> Product; public List<newcustomer__c> getCustomer() { Customer=[SELECT name FROM newcustomer__c a ]; return Customer; } public List<newproduct__c> getProduct() { Product=[SELECT name FROM newproduct__c a ]; return Product; } public List<MycategoryWrapper> getWrappers() { wrappers=new List<MycategoryWrapper>(); for (NewCustomer__c customer : getCustomer()) { for (NewProduct__c product : getProduct()) { MycategoryWrapper wrapper=new MycategoryWrapper(); wrapper.prd.name=product.Name; wrapper.cst.name=customer.Name; MycategoryWrapper.Month mon=new MycategoryWrapper.Month(); mon.name='Jan'; mon.qty=0.0; wrapper.addMonth(mon); mon =new MycategoryWrapper.Month(); mon.name='Feb'; mon.qty=0.0; wrapper.addMonth(mon); mon =new MycategoryWrapper.Month(); mon.name='Mar'; mon.qty=0.0; wrapper.addMonth(mon); mon =new MycategoryWrapper.Month(); mon.name='Apr'; mon.qty=0.0; wrapper.addMonth(mon); wrappers.add(wrapper) ; } } return wrappers; } public PageReference save() { for( MycategoryWrapper Mywrp:getWrappers()) { NewForecast__c feTmp; feTmp.Customer_Entry__c = Mywrp.cst.name; feTmp.Item_Entry__c = Mywrp.prd.name; /* feTmp.Month__c = Mywrp.mon.name; feTmp.ForecastQty__c = Mywrp.mon.qty; */ insert feTmp; } return null; } }

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

public PageReference save()
{
for( MycategoryWrapper Mywrp:getWrappers())
{

for (MycategoryWrapper.Month mon L Mywrp.monthList)
{

NewForecast__c feTmp;
feTmp.Customer_Entry__c = Mywrp.cst;
feTmp.Item_Entry__c = Mywrp.prd;
feTmp.Month__c = mon.name;
feTmp.ForecastQty__c = mon.qty;
insert feTmp;

}
}

return null;
}

Message Edited by bob_buzzard on 01-08-2010 06:43 AM
JHAJHA

I have changed some of your code because of error.

Now getting another error as below,please help

//Error

Variable does not exist: monthList at line 59 column 48.

public PageReference save() { for( MycategoryWrapper Mywrp:getWrappers()) { for (MycategoryWrapper.Month mon : Mywrp.monthList) // changed here also removing L & put : { NewForecast__c feTmp; feTmp.Customer_Entry__c = Mywrp.cst.name; feTmp.Item_Entry__c = Mywrp.prd.name; feTmp.Month__c = mon.name; feTmp.ForecastQty__c = string.valueof(mon.qty); //illgal assignment from Double to String at line 65 column 17,so changed insert feTmp; } } return null; }

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

So this indicates that the property of the wrapper class containing the list of months is not called monthList - you will need to replace this with the correct property name.

As I said before, don't expect just to cut and paste my code in - I'm not building the page myself and sending it to you.