function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
m_roarkm_roark 

Insufficient privileges error on embedded VisualForce page (con't)

http://forums.sforce.com/sforce/board/message?message.uid=168908#U168908

I marked this as solved because it stopped happening for my user.  However, they report (and I have confirmed) that this issue is happening again. 

The only changes we made today in SalesForce were to add a new profile for a completely different user.  No changes have been made to the server where the i-frames are pointing.

The really weird thing is, that when I am accessing this user's account via Login Access, I cannot replicate this issue.   This could point to an issue with access to the sites linked in the i-frames, but the user can access these sites normally via directly linking to them in the main browser window.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
m_roarkm_roark

After working with the user, I identified a possible solution.

It appears that this user had the 'Display mixed content' permission setting in IE 8 set to 'Prompt'.  Once I changed this to 'Enable', the issue stopped occurring.  

I don't know why this setting would cause this issue to occur.  However, changing this setting did solve the issue for my user.

All Answers

m_roarkm_roark
Also, when I point the user to the VisualForce page directly (e.g. not imbedded in the Account page), they do not receive the 'Insufficient Privileges' error message.  They are able to access the Visualforce page without issue.
thornkthornk
I have no solution, but am seeing the same thing in my sandbox (Spring '10) where a user cannot access a visualforce page.  This happens if embedded or sent directly to the url.
m_roarkm_roark

I have just confirmed that this issue only seems to impact my users who are using Internet Explorer 8. 

I would recommend that you have your users check the browsers they are using.

I can confirm this issue cannot be replicated using IE 7 or Firefox 3.5.

m_roarkm_roark

After working with the user, I identified a possible solution.

It appears that this user had the 'Display mixed content' permission setting in IE 8 set to 'Prompt'.  Once I changed this to 'Enable', the issue stopped occurring.  

I don't know why this setting would cause this issue to occur.  However, changing this setting did solve the issue for my user.

This was selected as the best answer
XhitmanXhitman

I am also experiencing this issue. I am using an administrator account but I am getting that  Insufficient privileges whenever I am viewing it within a page. It was already working before. I didn't change anything so I have no idea how to fix it.

When I try to go directly into the embedded visualforce page, the page loads up correctly.

Its having the error when I am using Chrome but when I try Firefox, its working quite well. Is it because chome isn't fully supported by Salesforce?

BillHansonBillHanson

I have the same problem on one of my pages.

I am currnetly testing the solution on this page...

http://forums.sforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Insufficient-privileges-error-on-embedded-VisualForce-page-after/m-p/168908

SimplySfdcSimplySfdc

I have the same issue with chrome version 9.0.597.98, upgrade to version 9.0.597.107 solve the issue

sq