function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gautamgautam 

How to add my cases component on home page layout

Hi All,

I have a requirement to add my cases component on home page layout.

How can i go about it without creating a complete visualforce page ?

SurekaSureka

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by "Cases Component". If you need to place the URL in the home page releted to cases, then you can create Custom Links in "Setup ->AppSetup  -> Home ->Custom Links"and add it to the home page layout.

If it you want to add HTML/Logo/HTML area, then you can create a new home page component in Setup ->AppSetup  -> Home -> HomePageComponents and add it to the page layout.

Thanks

gautamgautam

The way we see tasks and events on home page layout..it shows assigned tasks for the logged in user..i need to add one area for cases...where logged in user can see the cases assigned to him....

How can i do this ?

sf.dev.ax1103sf.dev.ax1103

HI Gautam,

I have a similar requirement.were you able to solve this?

Thanks

Naveen DhanarajNaveen Dhanaraj
Hi gautam,
Here is one way that you can use to achieve the same:

[i]. Create a List View on the Cases labeled "My Open Cases" with the below spec:
User-added image
[ii]. Copy the ID of the List View
User-added image
[iii]. Now create a Visualforce Page [Setup | Develop | Pages] with below markup:
<apex:page> <apex:enhancedList customizable="false" listId="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" height="300" /> </apex:page>
[iv]. Save it and no let us create a new Visualforce Home Page Component from Setup | Customize | Home | Home Page Components

[v]. Click New and follow the screenshot:
User-added image
[vi]. Finally add that new Component to the Home Page Layout at Setup | Customize | Home | Home Page Layouts

Rocio VivancoRocio Vivanco
OK, but how can we customize the title font-size displayed on that Visualforce you suggest (you just copied and pasted from Salesforce Success, I see). The title font-size appears too big when displaying the Visualforce at Home.
Naveen DhanarajNaveen Dhanaraj
can you post screen shot??
Hi Haveen, sure:

User-added image
Any clue?

The copied and pasted solution you suggest is not a good one, in my opinion. In addition to the font size problem, if you click on Edit it leads you to the record within the Visualforce and hence it originates an undesirable visual effect. I wouldn't recommend this as solution. In the end, there is no chance to add "My open cases" as standard. If you want to, it's not enough just as you mentioned, there is a need of coding knowledge, so you can improve the visualforce page.