function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JasonGablerJasonGabler 

25 Long Text Areas Limit ... but I need more!

Is there an elegant solution/work-around to the limit of 25 Long Text Areas per object?  I've got some ideas, but nothing very elegant.  Strangely, I've come up with nothing while searching.  I would not be looking forward to create child objects just to get around this...

thanks,

jason

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JasonGablerJasonGabler

Funny... you can create Rich Text Areas, which can be up to 32,000 chars and can be made to behave like Long Text Areas (except within the Salesforce interface's edit, which is not a problem in my case).

All Answers

Jeremy.NottinghJeremy.Nottingh

I guess my first suggestion would be what you didn't want: make a master-detail custom object with nothing but a long text field in it.

What are you doing with all this text on one object? Can you give a use case?

Jeremy

JasonGablerJasonGabler

I'm creating an application by which a NPO funder (my client) will be vetting organizations to partner with.  The application consists of two forms, representing two different stages of the application process.  Each form has its own object (unfortunately, also due to object limitations).   The second part of this process is for applicants who have made it passed the first, and so the questions are more involved, requiring longer, free-form answers.     There are about 40 fields all together on the secord part, of which about 30 require free-form text of no less than 400-word-capacity per field offered to the person filling out the form.

Its not exactly CRM data... but then, this is Force.com :)

Let me know if this gives you any ideas, thanks.

jason

JasonGablerJasonGabler

Funny... you can create Rich Text Areas, which can be up to 32,000 chars and can be made to behave like Long Text Areas (except within the Salesforce interface's edit, which is not a problem in my case).

This was selected as the best answer