function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sushant RaoSushant Rao 

Outputlabel or OutputText not working correctly

So I can't figure it out why member name shows up as memeber name name ( image, first column). If i get rid of the word 'name' it doesn't add anything, as in the extra 'name'. this happens only with IE 7 and using both output label and output text.

Any Ideas ? work-arounds ?

<apex:outputPanel style="width:100%;" >

<apex:outputPanel styleClass="outputPanel" style="width: 25%;" >
                        <apex:outputLabel styleClass="outputLabel"> Member Name </apex:outputLabel>                        <apex:inputText value="{!Params.memberName}" style="width: 75%"/>
                    </apex:outputPanel>

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

What happens if you comment out the label completely?  Does the second name also go or is it that the input field is introducing its own label?

Sushant RaoSushant Rao

Thanks Bob, but I think I solved it, sort-of. It seems to be an issue with the css. I was using a padding-right on all the labels. I still can't understand why it shows up twice instead of just pushing the name into the next line. If I remove the label, it just takes away everything. if I replace name with any X, X shows up twice !

thanks for replying.

aballardaballard

What browser?  Sounds like a browser bug, unless view source on the page shows that the text is actually there twice....